Truth Be Told

Bryce POV

I sat in her room holding onto her hand and rubbing circles on the back of it with my thumb. It had been nearly five days since she first came here. I've only left her side to shower and go to the bathroom, and between all of us we've been taking turns doing meal runs.

Her teammates stopped in yesterday, even the new girls. The left her some flowers, balloons, and even a few stuffed animals. They sat in here for hours talking about how good practice is going, and what they've each improved on, as well as wishes for her to get better soon.

"Bryce?" Britney's voice snapped me out of my fog. I looked over at her, "What?"

She sighed, "You should consider going home and getting some sleep. You can't keep sleeping in that chair."

"No, I want to be here when she wakes up."

"I know Bryce, but she wouldn't be happy to know that you aren't taking care of yourself."

I felt my breath hitch as I glanced up at her beautiful resting face. The bruise on her face was slowly starting to turn yellow, and it looked painful. I wish I could take away her pain, every last drop of it.

"Bryce have you talked to your brother since you've been back?" Britney asked me.

"No. I know Summer would want me to, after all she's been trying to work stuff out between us. But when I get around him, I don't know..."

"You get stubborn, you won't listen, you think you're right and everyone is wrong. Take your pick." She said, counting them off on her fingers.

"I know." I admitted, looking back at Summer. Then it clicked, I needed to make things right, for Summer's sake.

"Britney, I need to go. I'll only be gone for a couple hours. Please keep me updated on Summer." I said, standing up, still holding onto Summer's hand.

Britney gave me an approving smile, like she knew what I was about to do, "I will."

I smiled at Brit before leaning down and kissing Summer on the forehead before leaving. I was going to make this right. I sure as hell wasn't going to make the same mistake as her dad and uncle.

BRITNEY'S POV

I watched as Bryce walked out the door and I hoped he was going to go talk to his brother. I leaned back in my chair, and flipped through the ten channels the hospital had, before settling on cartoon network.

"Well I'll be damned! The original Teen Titans! Can you hear that Summer! I always this show. Beast boy was my man! You always went after Robing, right?" I said glancing back at her face. For a moment I thought I saw her smile.

Just as I turned my head back to watch T.V. Samantha walked in with coffee.

"How's she doing today?"

"Good." I said. I looked back at my best friend, and squeezed her hand gently. I hope she knew I was here, rooting for her.

"That's good." Samantha said, as she paced back and forth in front of the small window on the other side of the room. It was like she couldn't stop fidgeting. She would wring her hands, then cross her arms, then she would rub her arms as though she were cold.

"Are you alright?" I asked, though i didn't really care.

She waved me off, "Yes, I'm fine. I'm fine."

Well, if she was fine, then I was going to get some answers out of her.

"So, Samantha, if you knew Summer was you cousin, why would you pretend to be this big interviewer from colleges? You knew she was hoping you would somehow help her chances at getting into college, but you just played her."