The Date: Part 2

Sometimes I wonder what’s going on in Bryce’s head. What he’s thinking, or planning to do. But I guess that’s good think, because he always surprises me. I stand in my bedroom, having stripped myself of my wet clothes and trading them for a simple yellow summer dress. I pinned my hair up into a loose, yet fancy bun, with a couple strands fallen to frame my face.

Applying some lipstick and a thin layer of eyeliner, I glance at my appearance. I’m about to apply some mascara when I hear the doorbell ring. Britney quickly yells, “I got it!”

I smile and apply the mascara. Satisfied, I grab my purse and head down stairs. I hear the twins giggling in the living room. I tip toe to to the living room to find Bryce holding little Alice in his arms. He rocks her gently in his arms, smiling down at her while. The sight warms my heart, and I can’t help but think one day he’ll hold our child like that…

Well, maybe I shouldn’t think like that, I’ll just enjoy the now.

“Ready?” I asked.

Bryce tears his eyes from Alice and smiled. “Yep.” Gently, he places Alice in the playpen.

Bryce walks up to me, and intertwines our fingers. “Bye Brit!” I shout behind me as we walk out the door.

The cool summer wind feels nice on my sun burned skin. “So where are we going?” I ask.

Bryce just smiles.

“Ahh, so it’s a secret, huh.” I say, raising an eyebrow.

Bryce opens the door for me and I hop in. We drive for about 5 minutes before pulling up to the old soccer field that Bryce and I would play on when we just wanted it to be us. But it was different. The site before me brought tears to my eyes. The large oak trees had lights hanging from them as well as lit up lanterns. On the field there was a blanket with candles in the middle of it, and what looked like food around the candles.
“Oh my God…” I said under my breath. I didn’t even notice Bryce had opened my door until he grabbed my hand and pulled me out. He lead me to the blanket where there was a bacon cheese burger pizza, French fries, triple chocolate fudge cake and Doritos, along with a bottle of Hawaiian punch.

I didn’t need a fancy restaurant or expensive food. This was all I needed. This was all of my favorite foods in one place. A small gasp escaped my mouth. “Bryce… this… I… this is amazing!” I exclaimed, throwing my arms around him.

“I’m glad you like it.” Bryce said, pressing his lips to my forehead.

I smiled up at him, “You’re amazing.”

I sit down on the blanket and grab a piece of the pizza. “Did you get extra bacon?” I asked.

“Of course.” He told me, taking a bite of his own pizza.
A half an hour later, Bryce and I had finished eating and we were currently laying on the blanket, gazing up at the night sky. “So, why did you ever go for me?” Bryce asked

“Well… Hmm… First i thought you were just attractive. Then, when, you know, you were there for me when I turned into a blubbering baby, which I still don’t know why I acted that way.” I explained.

“Then, you were like a soccer god. You were amazing on the field. And I could just talk to you. You didn’t get annoyed when I talked about soccer. Oh, and you treat me like an equal on the field. All the other guys  treat me as if I’m fragile.” I went on.

“I guess, somewhere along the way, I fell for you..” I finished.

“What about you? Why did you ever go for me?” I asked curiously.

“Because you were the first girl that could play on my level, and look good doing it.” He said, with a laugh.

“Haha very funny.”

“Okay, well I guess I loved how you didn’t take my shit. You made sure to hand it right back. You were stronger than I was. And I guess i really started falling for you from the first time you played with me. You were so determined.” He explained.

“Summer, I just love you. Everything about you.” He told me.

I rolled onto my stomach so I could see him. But I was shocked to see he was kneeling on one knee.

“What are you doing?” I giggled.

Bryce reached into his pocket and fished out a small black box.

I watched him carefully as he spoke. “Summer, from the moment I’ve met you, you’ve made me want to be a better man. Every day I fall for you all over again, and I don’t want it to stop. I love you. I will always love you. I want you to always be on my team. I always want you to be my soccer girl… I guess what I’m trying to say is…”

Bryce opened up the box, revealing s sparkling diamond ring. “Summer, will you marry me?”  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!