☽︎ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ☾︎

𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒚 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒅

𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒚 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒅

𝐓he silence was almost static

𝐓he silence was almost static. It was a type of silence that caused your ears to ring, blood pumping faster and eyes widening in a panic that you couldn't control. Elowen bit her lip as she sat in the hospital waiting room, the twenty seven year old keeping a hand on her mother's shoulder.

Caroline was shaking, shoulders rattling and hands covering her face. The younger brunette kept her mouth shut, ignoring the glares and upturned noses she got from the werewolves. The Alpha of her pack stood across from the two women, blood covering his white shirt and his hands clasped behind his head as he walked in circles.

When her mother had gotten the call, it was a moment Elowen would never forget. She shut her eyes at the memory of her mom's gut wrenching yell - a sound a mix of both a scream and a sob.

"I'm so sorry Caroline. If I had gotten there sooner - If I was faster-"

"It wasn't your fault Weylyn." The older woman looked up at the Alpha, tears still trickling down her face. "None of this was your fault. It was Sanguis Lunam, they are the ones to blame."

"Dad's strong, mom." Elowen spoke up, giving her shoulder a firm squeeze. "He-"

"Ella, your father lost a lot of blood." Weylyn interrupted her, placing his hand on her own shoulder and crouching in front of her. "Don't get your hopes up."

She wanted to yell at him, slap his hand away and tell him that he was wrong. That her father would be fine, that he would survive getting attacked and beaten by a gang of rogues. But she knew he was right, her father's injuries were severe - it would take a miracle from the goddess in order for him to recover.

So she just looked away, lips pressed into a tight line.

Elowen knew better than to make a scene, or even raise her voice at an alpha - her species be damned. She was used to the dirty looks by now. The silent snarls and judging sneers that were casted at her anytime she traveled outside her pack's community walls.