☽︎ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 ☾︎

𝑰𝒕 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝑺𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆

𝑰𝒕 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝑺𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆

❝𝐖hat?" Elowen finally asked, voice cracking

❝𝐖hat?" Elowen finally asked, voice cracking. Her grandfather looked away and continued his way to his room. "Oh hell, you're serious."

Thomas snorted, opening the door. "Yes, I'm serious. Your grandmother was the only woman in the pack who could keep me in line." The old wolf sighed. "She was a gift from the goddess."

"Papa, what happened to her?" The human questioned. "You never say anything about her and neither does Mom."

Her Papa only moved toward the shelves, using his free hand to meddle through the cluster of novels, pushing and moving books.

Elowen's brows furrowed when the door of a safe came into view, the metal box embedded in the wall behind the old shelves. "Because your grandmother died when your mother was only a baby. I had your father put this in, he never asked why. Your grandmother was quite the firecracker - she was quick as a whip and had a mouth as sharp as a blade." Thomas laughed as he opened the door to the safe. "Now I see where you got your personality fro-."

Elowen put her hand on her grandfather's shoulder, stopping him from his rant. He was avoiding the subject - she knew he was. It must have been painful to talk about out loud; she understood that, but she deserved to know.

"Papa, tell me what happened to grandma." Her voice was soft, but it had a firm underline to it.

Thomas blinked back tears and pulled a piece of paper out of the safe. His thumb brushed over it a few times before he handed it to her. And her heart skipped a beat at the photo of the person on the old polaroid.

Her grandfather was there, and Elowen had to say he was quite the looker when he was younger. But her attention was more focused on the woman his arms were wrapped around.

The female had long curly brunette hair - much like her own. Her face was slim with plump lips pulled into a large smile. Thomas towered over her by only eight inches, so she was taller than Elowen - but now she understood what her grandfather meant when he told her that she was almost a carbon copy of her grandmother.