☽︎ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 ☾︎

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝑵𝒐𝒘

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝑵𝒐𝒘

𝐓ime seemed to stand still as Elowen took in the doctor's words

𝐓ime seemed to stand still as Elowen took in the doctor's words. A lump formed in her throat as her free hands came down to rest on her abdomen.

Pregnant.

She was pregnant.

"W-hat?" Darius stuttered out and Jordan gave a small chuckle and handed Darius the blood work paper, allowing him to look over it himself.

"That was my reaction when I found out my mate was having our son." Jordan smiled and began to explain to the newly tilted parents. "We would assume that you are only a month along at the most, everything seems to be fine with the little one, but I would advise you to take it easy for a while, Elowen." His face was serious and his eyes held a strong warning. "High blood pressure and stress can be bad for pregnancy, so make sure you stay relaxed. I know with the circumstances that will be hard, but know that you are doing this for your baby."

"So when I was attacked, I didn't lo-" She couldn't bring herself to say it and Jordan shook his head with a reassuring grin.

"No, the little tyke is fine and content. You are still in the first trimester so make sure to take it very easy. Nothing too strenuous or blood raising, I don't want you to wind up in here again." He nodded and made his way to the door. "Michelle is at the front desk and has your discharge papers, I'll let you discuss this." Before he shut the door he smiled. "Congratulations."

With that they were left alone and Darius's eyes were still glued to the clipboard in his hands. "Darius?" He didn't look up. "Love, look at me." The Alpha finally snapped out his shock and shook his head. "Talk to me, what are you thinking?"

"A baby Elowen, your-we- we are having a baby." He ran a hand down his face, eyes still wide. "I'm going to be a daddy and you're going to be a mommy."

Elowen couldn't help but smile and shake her head. Placing a kiss on her mate's cheek she slowly tried to get off the bed, but Darius grabbed her gently by the shoulders and pushed her back down. He rested on his knees in front of her and lifted up her gown so that he could gently caress her belly.