☽︎ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ☾︎

𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝑶𝒍𝒅 𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔

𝐄lowen had sat silently boiling in her seat for the past five hours or so

𝐄lowen had sat silently boiling in her seat for the past five hours or so. She had tried to read but she could not get Darius’s words out of her head. So she decided to just stare out the window - the events of the last week flying through her mind. 

Her father’s death was the first thing to come to mind. The mere thought of it had her chin wobbling. If he was here, he’d know what to do - he would be able to give her the answers she needed, would be able to comfort her.

Next was the subject of her ascending as Beta. 

Elowen didn’t understand why everyone was so against it. Well, she knew why. She was human - it was such an absurd idea to the Elders that of course they would deny her. Though she was sure that if they just gave her a chance they would not regret it. But she wasn't in Shadow’s Peak any more, so what could she do? 

Which led her to the next situation.

Her becoming a tribute to another Alpha.

To an assohole of an Alpha nonetheless.  

She had only known him for about six hours and she already couldn't stand him - no matter how handsome he was. 

Although, it should be a crime for looking so good while being so arrogant. 

She had to admit he looked good though. Hair curly and a slight mess atop his head - a result of carding his fingers through the inky strands. His large arms were crossed over his chest - which was as broad as his shoulders. Elowen could see his straining muscles under his black button up shirt.

“So, you wanted to be Beta?” Elowen snapped out her thoughts at the sound of Xander’s voice. He was sitting beside her, although she didn’t remember him doing that. ‘Must have been deeper in my mind than I thought.’ 

“Yes.” She nodded her head, offering a small smile. Xander seemed nice enough, he hadn’t said anything cruel to her yet, so she would give him the benefit of a doubt.