☽︎ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ☾︎

𝑷𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑶𝒏 𝑨 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒌

𝑷𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑶𝒏 𝑨 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒌

𝐃arius had dumped her onto Maria, which was fine with her - even though it slightly hurt

𝐃arius had dumped her onto Maria, which was fine with her - even though it slightly hurt. He was judging her before he even knew her and it left a bitter taste in her mouth. Elowen should have been used to that by now, but for some reason with him it stung. 

Maria had said he was nice - that he was a respectful man who was kind to anyone who had just met him. And yet he was rude to her.

 ‘It's better than him hurting me I suppose.’ She thought as she followed Maria through the house. 

Ah, yes the house.

She had been hoping, praying that she would be able to stay with Maria. But no, due to the fact that she was his tribute - she had to stay with Darius in his home. The brunette supposed it could have been worse, she could have been thrown into a jail cell. 

“You’ll be staying in here, Darius wanted to make sure you were comfy.” Maria told her and Elowen had to internalize her eyeroll. Though Maria had known her long enough to know when she was being doubtful. “Darius is just having an off day. He’ll be in a better mood tomorrow.” 

Doubtful.’

So now she sat on the balcony that was attached to her room, staring down at the rushing water below her. The house was built out of steel and concrete and a portion of it hung over the lake that came before the falls. It was quite a magnificent sight and an even more beautiful view. 

Human.” Her mood instantly soured at the sound of the Alpha’s voice. And with a frown she turned to face the one Darius Lucian. She had not seen him since they had deboarded the plane - and she had to admit it had been the highlight of her day. 

Alpha.” Elowen greeted in a tone that was so full of satire you would have had to have been hard of hearing not to hear it. “To what do I owe the displeasure?” 

“Still haven’t found your manners I see.” He scrutinized as he traveled farther into the room. 

Elowen bit back a snort and stood up, circling him. She could see how he watched her with wry eyes - the way he kept his guard up even higher (if that were possible). “Oh no Alpha, I assure you that I have indeed found my manners.” She then poked him on the nose, smirking when it crinkled under her touch. “You just haven't earned them yet.”