☽︎ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ☾︎

𝑬𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝑶𝒇 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅

𝑬𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝑶𝒇 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅

𝐒ilence was something that came rarely in days now, but sometimes it was not a comforting sound

There were many different types of silence. Awkward silence was the most uncomfortable, wrapping around them like a python, suffocating them until they feel as if the air around them was doing the damage instead of the serpent. Bittersweet silence was what people would call the calm before the storm, the peace that gives you hope before it is taken away from you. Peaceful silence was a calming sound, allowing a person to relax and think. 

This was not awkward, nor bittersweet, and it was definitely not peaceful. No, this silence was smothered in anticipation. A dramatic pause before the trumpet blows, before the lion roars, before the battle begins. 

She stood at one end of the courtyard, her clothes made for one who was attending a gym with fingerless leather gloves covering her hands. Combat boots crushed the earth beneath them as she moved forwards. 

Elowen could feel the eyes of everyone on her, their gaze pinning her with a needle like nature as she made her way to the middle of the courtyard where her opponent stood - the Elder sitting on a balcony that hung over the left of the arena. Darius was there, along with Tanner. 

She met Xander’s eyes from where he stood beside Troy, the challenger in nothing, but shorts - obviously prepared to shift into his beastial body. The human almost snorted, she wouldn’t give him the chance too. 

“Today we stand here, witnessing the duel between Troy Swanson and Elowen James. Reasoning due to beliefs based on tradition - a tradition that frowns upon humans holding power in the pack.” Xander announced, his arms crossed behind his back as he paced in front of the two opponents. As Beta he was the referee for duels - a tradition that had started with the very first pack. “Elowen has accepted the challenge and when that clock hits 8:00 and the moon is over that ridge - the fight will begin.” He began to list out the rules. “Killing is not allowed, and you can not attack while the other is shifting.”