☽︎ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ☾︎

𝑮𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆 𝑷𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒐𝒔

𝐀nger.

Rage. 

Murderous fury. 

All of these emotions could barely describe the blood boiling feeling that coursed through Elowen’s veins like an icy venom. She had barely spoken a word as she sat in Weylyn’s kitchen, Darius by her side. 

“I’m sorry.” Elowen only raised a brow when the Alpha spoke, her fist still covering her mouth, and blood still coating her hands. “About your friend. I understand if you hate me.”

“I don’t hate you Darius.” Her voice was hoarse. She swallowed and stared at her hands, before she shook her head and continued. “Am I mad? Yes. Disappointed? A little. I can’t fault you for doing something that is instinctual to you.”

“Was he a previous-”

“Boyfriend?” The human raised a brow and shook her head with a chuckle. “No, we knew each other in highschool. David was my best friend, but he didn’t attend public school. Brian was the first one to really accept me, and we were inseparable. I helped him court his mate, Lori, but we lost touch when I left for college.” She let out a shaky breath. “I didn’t even know he had a kid.”

Her mate sighed, and placed a heavy hand on Elowen’s shoulders. “Maybe you should go to the pack doctor, your head stopped bleeding, but it may need stitches.”

“Darius-”

“Please Bambi, just go and make sure you’re alright - it will put my mind at ease.” She couldn’t help but stare at his azure orbs. Elowen could get lost in them and not have a care to give.

The world could be burning around them, but as long as she was looking at Darius, she would feel safe and secure. That was how powerful a mating bond was.