☽︎ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ☾︎

𝑺𝒖𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔

𝑺𝒖𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔

𝐃arius paused in front of the door

𝐃arius paused in front of the door. He hesitated knocking on it, debating on disturbing the girl who was on the other side of it. He realized his hesitation was in vain as the door was jerked open, and he came face to face with a deshivealed, red faced Elowen. 

Elowen was still wearing the same clothes from last night, and her hair had been pulled back into a ponytail - strands surrounding her face. “What do you want?”

The Alpha blinked and cleared his throat. “I wanted to check on you. Mom told me you had a rough night.” He decided to keep the part where he had seen her break down to himself. 

He had traveled to his parent’s house to discuss how Elowen had been settling in, and how they had had a big argument. His mother - ever the n̶o̶s̶e̶y̶  curious woman she was - had left halfway through to “check” on the young brunette. 

Darius had expected them to be laughing when he arrived, bickering even. What he did not expect was to find his tribute crying into his mother’s chest. The human’s cries were one of a tormented soul, horrific and sorrowful all at once. His mother never let her go, never stopped providing the comfort that Elowen needed.  Even after her tears were dried up, Elowen stayed tucked in Selina’s arms - her body shuddering as she choked to find the air she needed. 

His mother had cast a look over the human’s head - one he had seen many times when he was a boy. ‘They would be having words later...’ Because Elowen was such a small thing, and his mother was a wolf. Selina was able to pick the younger woman up like a bride and carried her to her room when she had exhausted herself to the point that she could not keep her eyes open. 

I know you do not like humans Darius, I understand that.” His mother had started off when she had come back. The Alpha felt like he was five again, being scolded by his mother when he had tracked mud into the house. Even at thirty-three she was still able to make him feel like a child. “But I raised you to be kind to everyone and right now that girl needs a friend. I expect you to treat her well or so help me boy I will make your life hell.