Chapter 7, Eleanor

My mother was telling the truth, all these years and I didn't believe her. 

The number of times I dismissed her words, even called her crazy, and moved far away for school just so I wouldn't hear her talk about wolves anymore.

I thought her blaming wolves for everything was crazy, I just couldn't comprehend something like that being true, I had not seen a wolf anywhere near the house as I was growing up, only whispers of their presence in the woods, I thought my mother was just looking for something to blame for my father's death.

But now?

How the hell do I live with myself knowing the truth, knowing about her- my grandfather... my own father... the family I didn't know about but want to kill me.

'Just Orson' had told me everything after he 'shifted' back from his wolf form... or should I say after I woke up from passing out. I can still hear the cracking and breaking of his bones as he shifted, I will never forget how the shivers went down my whole body at the sound.

Even after Orson told me everything he knew about my father's family, I still can't believe it, not only was my father royalty in this world but he was also murdered by his own flesh and blood, by his own father, my grandfather... Croix Carmine, the Alpha King of Sovern.

Sovern, the werewolf realm of Titus.

No matter how many times I think about it, I can't believe it.

It's been five days since Orson took me and he shows no signs of letting me go, even going as far as to put guards outside of the door and my window, so I can't run away, so running away from the window is definitely no longer an option.

I just need to play nice with this guy, I can't get through him so I will have to go around him.

He said we were 'mates' destined to be together, or so he says, so I will use that in getting the hell away from here and this crazy world.

I'll go back to London, change my name, I might even consider moving abroad, somewhere where none of them will find me.

I want nothing to do with this world, this vendetta got both of my parents killed... it almost got me killed, and for what? 

Even though Orson has been nice so far, I see the hesitant look in his eyes when he looks at me, it's almost like he's guilty being around me, that feeling alone I can't stand like he's cheating on me and we are doing something wrong being in the same room together.

Yes, he is overly attractive, anyone with one eye could see that, but that's not enough for me, I know guys with pretty faces aren't all that, especially when they turn into wolves.

He's dangerous and I need to get out of here.

*****

A knock at the door startles me awake, making me sit up in the bed as I hear a key unlocking the door.

Orson walks in with a man I haven't seen yet, he's also tall like Orson but he has this air around him that makes him seem like he's easygoing, unlike Orson who literally stands like he has a stick up his butt. Even talks like he has a stick up his butt, controlling handsome wolfman.

The man smiles at me as I stare and frown at both of them as their eyes meet mine, Orson closes the door behind him and then turns to me. "Good morning Eleanor." He says stiffly, making me mumble a 'whatever' back without looking at him.

"This is Adan I told you about, my Beta, the one who will be showing you around while I tend to pack business." He says, making me turn my head to look at this so-called 'Adan' from head to toe.

Why is everyone I've seen so far in this place look like they were sculptured by a god? He's just like Orson, everything about him seems almost perfect.

"I'd say it's nice to meet you, but as you know, I'm being held against my will." I say sarcastically, causing Adan to smirk and Orson to sigh out frustrated.

Adan laughs and it makes the tension in the room less thick. "Nice to meet you, Eleanor, we are sorry about that.." He says scratching his stubble, hinting at my situation.

I roll my eyes when I see that he couldn't give a care in the world and he's just trying to be nice. "I told you I don't want a guard dog, I want to go home." I tell Orson.

I noticed as soon as I said 'dog', Adans smirk turned to a frown and he looked at Orson with a worried expression, Orson seems unfazed as he shrugs me off. "We are not talking about this again, get dressed." He sighs out.

Snorting, I decide to do as he says, noticing the two men have yet to leave the room, I get out of bed and stand in front of Orson and Adan who look at me suspiciously. I start unbuttoning one of Orson's shirts that I'm wearing, exposing my skin.

Before I could part the top apart and throw it on the ground, Orson grabs my shirt and closes it shut roughly. "What the fuck are you doing?" Orson angrily grits out.

I glare at him and shove him off me. "Getting ready, like you said."

"Adan wait outside." He commands and Adan opens the door and leaves, noticing the way he tried to hide his smile.

Orson looks on edge when he turns to face me. "Stop being difficult, and don't ever pull that shit again." He warns me.

"Or what? You don't own me, I can do what I want." 

He just looks at me and then turns around and puts his hand on the doorknob, but he hasn't opened the door, he's breathing heavily and I see his eyes closed tightly. "Just... get fucking dressed." He growls out lowly, his voice sending shivers down my arms at how cold his voice is.

He opens the door and then slams it behind him, leaving me standing there with my mouth wide open in shock.

I take my top off and throw it at the door frustratedly. "UGH!" I growl out annoyed.

Why is he so frustrating? 

If he's not going to let me leave, I'm just going to have to make him want to get rid of me, one way or another, I'm getting out of here.