Chapter 40, Orson

"Hash ajjin Eleanor, Alpha?" (How is Eleanor, Alpha) Lark asks, soon as he comes to stand beside me.

I'm at a point where I don't know how my mate feels, how is she doing? I can feel whatever she feels but lately, I'm getting nothing and I don't know if I should be concerned or... relieved. 

"Mae tikh tikh davra, yer jif tikh mra ma mithri."(She will be fine, you should be out with the rest) I say looking at him bored then back to the reports I'm reading.

Being back in the Order, surrounded by those with a similar mindset, it sets mine at ease even though I feel anything but at ease, I'm fucking pissed off.

The pain Eleanor felt... it was like I was going through it with her, and I was in a way, I will always be there to hold her and help her through anything but in reality, there's nothing I can say that can help her with this pain, all I could do was hold her until she stopped crying.

I'm pathetic, I should have answers by now, but I don't.

Eleanor is as good as non-existent in this world, there are paper trails back in her world but that's all it is paper trails. 

She mentioned her mother 'June' was strict and never let her out much, but apart from the essentials to make her a person in her world, there's nothing else... nothing that I have a lead to work on, June was private, kept to herself she had no friends and no known family, she was a ghost living in that house.

"Anha zala tat rhellaya, Adan ast me ki davra." (I want to help, Adan said it was fine)

What's worse is only those I trust now know about Eleanor, and now so do the Order. I managed to keep it quiet amongst those I trust but I need to prepare for the worst, if the Kings guards show up now, my pack will suffer the most.

I need to go to the gate Eleanor mentioned, it's the only lead I have right now to figure out any of this.

I snap my eyes to Lark who is standing next to me looking at Eleanor's 'driver's license' a vehicle you operate in the human realm to travel around. "Ajjin jin ei hazze ajjin?) (Is this all there is)

Lark nods and sighs. "Sek." (Yes)

The sudden urge to rip every single piece of paper apart overwhelms me, but before I get to, I hear the doors slam against the wall making me turn my head and glared at whoever entered in such a way.

Adan.

"Alpha, Kisha ez me." (Alpha, we found it)

This is all I have. This is the only thing I can go on, I know Eleanor should be part of this since it's to do with her, but right now something like this depending on what it is could possibly break her, she's still coming to terms with her situation.

Until I know what this gate is, I'm keeping Eleanor far away from it.

"Anha zala tat tihat me. "(I want to see it)

The woods behind Eleanor's house

"Kijinosi alpha kisha hash chir hazze." (This way Alpha, we are almost there)

I glance around and sense nobody in the woods close to us, it's quiet yet I still feel uneasy about being here, especially without Eleanor, I know how much she wanted to come home, being here makes me feel like I betrayed her in some way.

I know she said she wanted to stay, and accepted our bond, yet there will always be a voice in my head wondering.. 'are you enough to keep her happy'.

The thought of not being enough makes me angry.

I sniff the air and something feels... off. "Here!" Adan calls out up ahead.