Chapter 38, Orson

I leave light feathered kisses on Eleanor's face, her giggles tickle my cheek with each kiss as my stubble tickles her skin.

My Beta, Adan tries to mindlink me again after blocking him out for the past hour, I know I should've left two hours ago but seeing my mate, no- seeing Eleanor this close to me without pushing me away, it makes me want to stay in bed and never leave it.

Adan tries again and I growl out annoyed, making Eleanor laugh underneath me.

"I really need to go now." I say, instantly hating myself as I lean back and see Eleanor's beautiful lips pouting up at me.

Fuck, she's so gorgeous, I am one lucky wolf.

I get off Eleanor and pull her up with me, not missing how her hair is frizzled and how pink her cheeks are from our little playful makeout on the bed.

I can't help but grin as Eleanor tries to smooth her hair with her hands, and fails. I may have got carried away and started playing with it, but I just love the feel of her red hair between my fingers.

Adan tries again and I open the link.

'I'm fucking coming, back off!' I snap out to Adan through mindlink, then cut the link again.

I sigh out and rub my forehead annoyed, I haven't even left yet and I'm already getting a headache from the bullshit that awaits me.

My body freezes when I feel Eleanor's thin pale arms wrap around my neck, she rests her chin on my shoulder and I can feel her smile. "Whose trying to reach you from the beyond?" She asks, with a hint of playfulness in her voice.

From the beyond? I smile at that. "Adan." I turn around and face Eleanor and frown harder.

I really don't want to go. "I need to go question the Satyr, I'll try and make it quick, I want to spend the day with you." 

She raises her eyebrow and sits back. "What do you plan to do with him?" She pauses. "Wait- can you do that? Aren't you an Alpha, don't you have stuff to d-"

I pull her into my chest and wrap my arms around her, hugging her tight. "I can drop everything, I don't want to be apart from you today."

She laughs, instantly making my wolf purr. "You're like a puppy."

I growl warningly and playfully bite her shoulder gently, causing her to yelp out surprised.

"Be nice." 

I lean back and she's grinning with flushed cheeks. I grab my boots and sit on the edge of the bed and put them on.

Waking up this morning, I didn't think the day would go like this, after having that dream about my life in the war and losing Rhion. It's been over a year since I had that dream, but it still haunts me how he died, seeing him so pale laying there in the woods, surrounded by bodies.

His death will always be with me, I know that if he was alive he would comment on how soft I've become, but in reality, I have always been like this, I've just been good at hiding it, I know giving a shit is a weakness, and once your enemy finds that- it's over.

I look back at Eleanor and admire her natural beauty and I ignore the clenching of my stomach at the thought of leaving her here, I lean down and capture her lips in mine one last time before I have to go.

I rest my forehead against hers and sigh out. "I'll make this quick." I promise, and she nods her head.

Pulling back I make my way to the door whilst grabbing a t-shirt from the chair near the door and put it on before opening the door. I see Sena standing outside with a passive expression on her face as she stares at me.