Chapter 20, Orson

"Wait.. you live here?" 

I look to Eleanor and see that she's actually surprised and amazed as she stares up at her new home.

Homes like this aren't that special, but to someone not from this world, it would seem quite extravagant and big. My home is built on a large rock surrounded by trees, from the distance it looks like it's hovering around the trees, it was built how I envisioned my home to be.

"The house was built and completed the first week I was first named Alpha. The wood that took to make it is from this very forest, every Alpha gets him home gifted to him as a 'gift' from the werewolf council." I tell her, building her up the wood stairs as I keep my hand in hers.

I watch her as she looks around once we get to the deck, she looks around amazed as she takes in the view from the edge of the deck. "Wow." She says quietly. "How old were you?" She asks and I look at her confused as I open the front door to the house then come to stand next to her.

"Eighteen."

She looks back at me surprised. "Wow, at eighteen I was still deciding what I wanted to do with my life." She says with a chuckle as she turns her gaze back to the view.

I smile at her and enjoy the comfortable silence that falls upon us.

She clears her throat and gets my attention when I look at her she's looking at me, or checking me out, I can never tell with Eleanor, I hope she's checking me out... "Ask me." I tell her, watching as her mouth twitches.

"How does someone become Alpha?" 

I snort loudly. "I thought you would have more 'deeper' questions than that." 

She hides her face from me with her hair and all I can think of is kissing her cute face.

I clear my throat and dismiss the urge to touch her. "My kind believe it's a gift given to you by our goddess, but in reality, it has more to do with your family background, strong families produce strong heirs." I say with a shrug.

By the look of her face, she has more questions than before, and I know she's wanting to ask about my parents, my family, but before she does open her mouth to ask the question she's dying to ask, I intertwine my hand with hers and shrug her along with me as I head inside the house.

"Let's eat something then I will answer all those questions swirling around in that adorable head of yours." I say down to her as I close the door behind her then head towards the kitchen.

Eleanor follow me timidly whilst looking around, the first room is the lounge and dining area, I kept it very modern without much clutter, since I'm rarely in any of these rooms but the bedroom and bathroom, I didn't see a need to make it more welcoming, nobody but me comes here.

Until now, perhaps she would like to decorate? I hear girls love that.

"Your house is beautiful." She whispers softly as I turn as see she's admiring a painting that was gifted to me a few years ago, from Bella.

I totally forgot about that, I need to remind myself to have someone remove it, for now, I want to keep the atmosphere around us light, I need to tell her everything properly, with caution, she is still human, and human's have heightened emotions and I don't want to upset her.

"Thank you." I smile at her, noticing she's sat on a barstool next to my kitchen bench. "Are you allergic to anything else?" I ask before I prepare food.

She shakes her head. "Just strawberries and nuts." She points out. "You're cooking?"

I nod and begin to make us some sandwiches, with meat from this world, but I know from trying that it's very similar to the humans 'ham' so I know Eleanor will like it, as long as she's not a vegetarian.