Chapter 19, Eleanor

Why are there so many goddamn doors in this stupid place? All I wanted to do was to find the library and so far I've walked into seven bedrooms, and I've had the door slammed in my face seven times by very angry-looking men.

Why is everyone here so...... UGH!

Did I make the right decision to stay here? It feels like Orson is the only one who wants me here, he wouldn't want me here if it wasn't for the mate bond, a guy like Orson would never chase a girl like me if he were human, he doesn't seem like the type to go for plain looking girls.

I pass people who are most likely wolves in this place.. and not one has looked at me in the eye or spoke to me when I asked for directions to the library, at this point I don't even know if they have one.

Lark left me an hour ago and I'm starting to think I'm going in circles in this stupidly large place.

Orson has been gone over an hour and I'm starting to think something is wrong, maybe I should just go back to my room? I'm starting to get annoyed that no one will talk to me and help me around, but luckily I know where 'my room' is, so I might as well just go there and pretend I don't exist.

Yep, good idea.

"Oh, there you are." A voice behind me says.

I turn around and there's Lark, with an annoyed expression on his face as he stomps over to me.

"Here I am." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Where else would I be? I wanted to say, but don't, since I'm really tired and don't want to sound snappy when Lark has been nothing but kind to me.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"Did you go to the library? The staff said you weren't inside, I had them bring you lunch." He asks, eyeing me suspiciously.

I snort and shake my head. "No." I huff out. "This place is too big! And no one would tell me directions, I checked every room for the past hour." 

Lark looks at me blankly then bursts out laughing at me. "N-No one would say anything?" He laughs out again. "Eleanor, nobody here but a few speak English, but you should've just asked me to take you." He points out and I tense.

Dammit, I should have but I wanted to find it myself and not be a burden by depending on anyone else.

"What language does everyone speak?" I ask curiously, as he hints for me to follow him.

Lark frowns. "The Alpha didn't tell you?" He asks and I shake my head, which causes him a frown.

"We speak Sulvarian, only some of us actually know Engli-"

"Eleanor." A deep voice calls my name from down the hall, making me jump.

Me and Lark turn around and there stands Orson, he's dressed in grey jeans and a black t-shirt with boots, and I know I shouldn't drool because of this morning but I can't help it, something inside of me just thinks he looks... nice.. no scratch that, he knows he looks hot, and I hate that I think these things for someone I rarely know.

He's wearing the deepest frown I have seen on him yet, he stills for a moment then strides over to us with a cold glare, his eyes bore into Lark's, who is just standing there emotionless beside me, when Orson comes closer, I see Lark lower his head from the corner of my eye.

"Rek's ei, yer laz elat." He says coldly. (That's all, you can go.)

Whatever he said to Lark, made him turn around and leave us without saying bye or sparing me a glance.

I gape at Orson and get instantly annoyed, he was just rude to Lark for no reason. "What the hell?" I snap at him without thinking about it.

Shit, he looks angry, why does he always look angry? Lark didn't do anything wrong.

"What did you say to him? That was rude."

Orson looks at me and I could've sworn I saw him roll his eyes at me. "Where were you just now?" He asks, staring down at me, ignoring me completely.

I want to ignore him but I don't want him to get angry again like this morning, so I drop it for now. "The library or I was going to.. I couldn't find it." I sigh out. "And apparently nobody could understand me when I asked for directions, so I've been walking around lost for an hour now." 

"You didn't tell me nobody here spoke English." I sigh out again then begin to walk in the direction of my room, and from the corner of my eye, I see Orson walk beside me.

I see realization hit him and then he frowns. "I should have told you." He says beside me, as he rubs the back of his neck.

I just shrug and he sighs. "English is uncommon here.. only a few know and speak it, otherwise we speak-"

"Sulvarian, I know... Lark told me." I interrupt him.

He growls out lowly and I ignore him and walk faster towards my door and open it. "Look I'm sorry about that and earlier, there's a lot to tell you, this is all new to me as it is to you Eleanor."

I walk into 'my room' and he helps himself and walks inside the room and closes the door behind him, I roll my eyes and kick my shoes off then sit on the bed and watch him stand there by the door with his arms crossed on his chest, and it makes his muscles look even bigger if that were possible.

Why is he so.. sculptured? I've been here two weeks and I have never seen the guy work out, yet he's casually walking around like a freaking model god or something, it shouldn't frustrate me but it does, I'm not the only girl her that's noticed how handsomely good looking Orson is.

"It's fine, if I have a question Lark will answer it." I say tiredly as I lay my head against the headboard on the bed.

I see Orson clench his jaw, he looks beyond furious and I know I probably shouldn't have said anything at all because now we are in uncomfortable awkward silence, Orson looks like he's ready to break something and I don't want to be the one to push him over the edge without knowing what sets him off.

I sigh out and look outside the window and notice the days are getting shorter, it's already dark but I know it's not even that late yet, maybe they also have a completely different clock? I'd ask Orson but... I don't want to make him angrier.

"I brought some of your stuff from your house, it's in my house." Orson says suddenly, his deep voice filling the air, giving me the chills.

I hum 'thank you'. "Uhm, I thought this was your house?" I ask confused.

He shakes his head and comes to sit down on the bed beside me. "No... my office is here, only pack members live in these rooms, my house is a short walk from here."

I feel him look at me so I turn my head to look at him. "I'm not used to this, but I want to be Eleanor, there's so much we don't know about each other but I'm trying."

I swallow hard and tense when he reaches out and intertwines his hand with mine. "Come home with me, and I will tell you everything." He says softly, squeezing my hand gently in his larger one.

I stare into his eyes and his don't falter or break away, he's serious about this, he's going to tell me everything? 

I can't stay here if I don't know anything... and I found out there's a lot I don't know, I'm practically an alien in this world full of culture and history that I feel like an outsider, but I don't want to be.

Not anymore.

"Okay." I say softly. "Let's go to your house."

Orson helps me off the bed as he stands up whilst looking down at me. "Our house." He corrects me and I just laugh and shake my head, dismissing the butterflies in my stomach as I grab my shoes to put them back on again.