Chapter 25, Eleanor

Orson didn't show up that night, or the night after.

Both times that Lark came by, each time he told me the same, 'the Alpha sends his apologies'.

I knew I had a bad feeling when he left, whoever came really must have caused a problem for him, unless it's something else? But the feeling I can't shake just knows it's whoever came to see him.

Adan said it was a Lord.

Do they have Lords here too? Just where the hell am I? The more I learn about this world, the more questions I have, everything is so damn weird, and I've only learned a small part of this world from Orson and Lark.

I will admit... it's been, lonely. Without Orson I realized just how miserable I am, usually, I could go days without talking to someone, being a student that was normal from how busy I could get with exams, but now? Theirs so many people around me, yet I still feel this sinking feeling of despair.

I guess it's not that bad, the room Orson told me to go in two days ago just happened to be a 'game' room of sorts, with a bunch of books, movies and music CD's, even instruments I have never seen before hanging on the walls.

Yet why am I still so... bored?

A knock on the door startles me as I put down my book, when I turn I see Lark coming into the room as he shuts the door behind him.

"Good morning, Eleanor." He says happily.

I eye him suspiciously. "Morning... What's got you in a good mood?"

He shrugs.

"The Alpha has asked if you wish to have breakfast this morning with him." 

I perk up in my seat with wide eyes. "What?" I scrunch my brows.

Did I hear that right? Orson wants to have.., breakfast with me? "

Lark nods his head. "Shall I report back that you're on your way?" He asks and I nod my head, hiding my blush from Lark's curious stares, with a hint of a smile on his face.

Lark goes stiff for a few moments then his eyes zone back onto me, then he smiles. "He's in his office, let me escort you Luna."

I roll my eyes. "Lark." I groan out. "Please call me Eleanor, also what did you just do?" I point at him as I come around him to leave the room.

He opens the door for me. "Oh, you mean mindlink?" 

"Is that what you call it? What is it?" I ask curiously.

He eyes me with surprise then hums. "It's like telepathy, packs form connections through their Alpha, we can connect with any pack member through our mind, like thoughts but with gateways into another's mind." He says walking beside me. "Without the Alpha's seal, we can't join the connection, if you have the seal you are accepted into the pack, letting you use the pack's greatest power, mindlink."

Wow, okay then, that's pretty... cool.

I'm speechless, I had no idea, so this kind of answers my unanswered question as to why it was so quiet whenever we had breakfast at Beth's restaurant, the pack members must've been communicating through this.. mindlink.

"That's so cool, what is this Alpha seal?" I ask curiously, keeping my pace with Larks as we walk out of the house.

He hums. "It's a blood ritual of sorts, the Alpha would take a drop of your blood and place it on his tongue, then he would recite the words 'Ver tat ver, yothnhare khado akka lei, anha idde thee', it's old pack magic, every Alpha is born with this gift." (Wolf to wolf, mind body and spirit, I welcome thee.)