Chapter 11, Eleanor

Hearing noise coming from outside had woken me up, with always been a light sleeper, I couldn't help but be annoyed by how rowdy the people outside were being.

Blinking my eyes awake I look around the room, the bright light from the window is almost blinding me as I rub my eyes from sleep.

I fell asleep crying last night, how could I let Adan get to me? I'm usually stronger than this.

This isn't like me, I don't let people's opinions affect me, especially from my mother, but from a complete stranger? In a moment of weakness, I broke down and couldn't stop.

I feel so pathetic.

Pathetic Eleanor, poor lost Eleanor who is always alone.

Maybe Orson is right, who is even looking for me? Chase would've forgotten about me just as fast as he always did, my roommates wouldn't even care if I disappeared.

I haven't seen him since he left me with that asshole, and he hasn't come knocking at my door today, from the time on my phone, he's an hour late for annoying me.

Why should I care? 

I should be trying to find a way to get back home, the more I stay here the harder it will be to shake this guy off, he is striking me as someone that doesn't take 'no' for an answer. 

Mates.

I snort. He could just find someone else... right? Adan said all I had to do was reject him..

..So why does it hurt thinking about it?

I don't understand...

A knock at my door makes me frown, but move my legs from the bed anyways. I walk over to the door and open it cautiously, only opening it wide enough to see who it is.

I should be used to seeing him by now, but every time I see him is like the first, his perfectly sculptured handsome face and impressive body and height still make me feel self-conscious around him for some reason.

I hate how I react to him, I feel stupid.

"Can I help you?" I ask dryly, ignoring my heart beating faster from seeing him.

He furrows his eyebrows and pushes open the door, much to my annoyance as I stand and stare at him walk into my bedroom.

No, this isn't your bedroom, you are still a prisoner Eleanor, focus! He's the bad guy who kidnapped you and won't let you leave.

He closes the door behind him and he's not with anyone today, he's dressed in casual black jeans and a t-shirt that hugs his chiseled muscles, leaving nothing to the imagination as it is all on display.

I look up and notice he's already looking at me, he saw me checking him out and I can't help but feel embarrassed that he caught me ogling him like some weirdo. 

"C-Can I help you?" I cough out awkwardly, going to sit on the bed, looking anywhere but his face.

Stupid face, looking all perfect and smug, yeah yeah, you're pretty handsome, get over it.

"I came to ask if you wanted to have breakfast with me? There's a place in town." 

Town? PEOPLE! This could be my chance to escape. "Sure." I smiled.

He looks taken back by my sudden enthusiasm as he just stares at me with an unreadable expression. "I'll be downstairs." He says, rubbing his neck, avoiding my eyes as mine follow him open and close the door behind him.

Did he just figure out my plan with a single smile? No.. that's crazy... right?

No, I'm being paranoid, I just need to get dressed, get him to trust me and let me go, after today I will make it my mission for Orson to change his mind about keeping me here, he will realize it after today that it's better to just let me leave then keep me here.

If that doesn't work, I will have to rethink my plan, for now, I'm going to play nice with Orson and get to know him, then leave without him noticing what even happened.

I pick out a tank top that compliments my breasts and some tight blue-washed butt shaping jeans, I brushed my hair and styled it the best I could with little to nothing to help me tame my long hair, when I'm satisfied I take a deep breath and smile into the mirror.

I feel ready.

No, I am ready. Bring it on!

Opening the door I see Orson leaning against the wall, his eyes immediately land on me as he checks me over with a knowing frown. "You're going like.. that?" 

I hide my smirk with a frown as I play innocent. "What do you mean?" I fake confusion and walk past him, swaying my hips as I walk ahead in front of him.

I can practically hear him growl from behind me but he doesn't say anything more, I already know he's looking at my ass and he's playing into my trap so easily.

Who knows, at the end of the day, it might just be this outfit that is going to get me out of this place.

Once I make it downstairs, I notice there are a lot of bodies in this house, and they're all very... huge, intimidating, attractive, and tan men and they are all looking at me with wide eyes, then they change their gazes to the man behind me, who is equally if not more intimidating then any man I have ever seen.

"Alpha."

"Good morning Alpha"

"Sir."

They continue with their greetings as I make my way to the door, lowering my head so my hair covers my face. I'm not used to this much attention, especially from men and they are all looking at me like they just saw me kick a puppy.

But the way they look at Orson is... like he's some kind of god to them, it's so weird to see, he is practically ignoring the stares at he nods his head at them as he keeps walking behind me with an expressionless face.

I wonder who they were? They were all beautiful, even the women who were sat down further away were gorgeous without an inch of makeup on, everyone I have seen so far beyond beauty from where I'm from, and it's like they don't even know it.

Orson walks up beside me and I see him look at me from the corner of my eye and it makes me nervous, I might not know Orson, but he is still a very attractive man who is interested in me, not just as a friend, but as more.

He wants to be something more, he made that very obvious already.

But what do I want? Looking around I know this isn't home, even the trees look strange here, nothing is normal, the glass on the houses shines different, the air smells different, the grass doesn't look or feel like grass when I stand on it.

Look at Orson and then look at me, we're different people, he's a damn werewolf for example, how can I stand next to someone who has literally nothing in common with me? The sexual tension can't be all there is, that and this mate bond shouldn't be all it is for us to be together.

There has to be more... but I know I can't.. 

I don't belong here... so why does it hurt so much at the simple thought of leaving him? 

Dammit....