Chapter 12, Orson

The close walk to town had been quiet, every time I would try to speak to Eleanor, she would pretend she never heard me, which is starting to now piss me off because it's been five minutes since we entered the place in town for breakfast.

Not only has she not spoken to me but she hasn't even fucking looked at me.

My wolf and I are losing our patience at how much she is avoiding us right now, I've never felt like this before, the rejection of a woman, who is my mate.

Why won't she give me a chance? "Hello again Alpha, how was your breakfast?" 

I take my eyes away from Eleanor and up to Beth, the diner owner. "Perfect as always, thank you again Beth." 

Eleanor raises her head and smiles up at Beth who hasn't asked who she is yet. "This is Eleanor, she's my m-"

"Friend, I'm just passing through, nice to meet you." She says sweetly, holding out her hand to Beth who happily accepts it.

"Eleanor-"

She ignores me and keeps smiling at Beth, who now looks nervous from my obvious anger. "Could you show me where the restroom is, please?" She bats her eyelashes up at Beth who looks taken back.

My eyelid twitches and I'm beyond fucking mad, Beth looks at me for permission and I dismiss her through mindlink.

"That was rude.." She mutters out quietly, if not for my impeccable hearing, I wouldn't have heard her.

I've had enough of this, I can't take it anymore, its killing me.

I snap her head towards her and stand up, I move next to her and drag her up.. "H-Hey!"

My wolf comes out as my eyes flash a piercing yellow as I glare down at her. "Shut up."

I spoke lowly, but with command as she shuts her mouth as I drag her across the room as pack members keep their heads down, not looking my way as I pull her along with me to the bathroom.

Opening the door I pull her inside and then lock the door behind me, I turn and face a flustered Eleanor who looks taken back by my sudden outburst, but I couldn't give a shit.

"Why won't you give me a chance?" I ask, frustrated stepping forward, closer to her.

She takes a warily step back as her eyes scan the bathroom for an escape route. "I told you why.." She says stiffly, avoiding my gaze.

I snort. "You gave me some bullshit excuse."

When she doesn't say anything I sigh heavily and close my eyes tightly. "Look, I can't let you leave, it's not safe." I open my eyes, step forward and look down at her frowning face. 

She looks at me with sadness in her eyes and I know I will regret the words that come out of my mouth next. "One week."

What am I saying?

She looks up at me confused. "What?"

My chest tightens and I feel my skin crawl at what I'm about to say. "If.. if you want to still leave after one week, I will let you go home."

I'm desperate at this point, I'll try anything to get her to stay.

I feel like the wind just knocked into me when she starts to smile, she's no longer sad, she looks... happy.

"Really?" She says, her eyes lighting up.

No, stay with me. "Really." I force myself to say.

A week is all I need, I know I can convince her I'm not the bad guy she thinks I am.