• chapter 30 •

"Tsukki!", Yamaguchi called out making Tsukishima stop as his friend rushed over to him.

"Are you leaving already?", Yamaguchi asked with a smile.

"Yeah. I'm done with practicing", Tsukishima grabbed the towel on his shoulder and started walking again making Yamaguchi smile more because he sees that his blonde friend is starting to treat volleyball seriously.

He jogged towards Tsukishima's side, glancing at him with a smile on his face. Thinking of what they achieved so far with the team they joined in volleyball, he didn't actually thought that they'll be getting to compete with the champions.

"Tsukki?", Yamaguchi asked but not heard a response instead Tsukishima just side-glanced at him. Yamaguchi still continued.

"Do your think we might have a chance of going to the nationals?"

Tsukishima gazed away as he looked ahead while still walking. 

"Why are you asking me that? There's no way we can win against the reigning team"

Yamaguchi looked at him with a surprised eyes but then he turned away hanging his head low with a bit of sadness.

"Gomen Tsukki--"

"But, from what I've seen so far..."

Yamaguchi's sadness halted as he glanced again at Tsukishima who remained his neutral calm face.

"..I think our team is pretty strong"

.

.

.

Back at the court, the intense match continues and a certain ace is looking with disbelief and bewilderment.

What is happening?

What is this? What...are you?

Ushijima panted as his stamina is starting to wear off now looking at the tangerine who's staring at him silently with an unreadable expression on his face.

He can't hear the crowds cheer or even the others focusing intently on Karasuno's #10. 

He hasn't scored yet, not even once in the 4th set. It's like Hinata Shoyo wants to finish it quickly and win, that his been moving very weirdly around the court.

It's not weird in a bad way more like an experienced and a refined one. He hasn't seen any players like this before. No, he's the only one who got him cornered like this.

From the blockers as that glasses in Karasuno where starting to excel in his timing  when blocking as the match goes on.

The receivers where oustanding too, that libero and their captain is pissing him off already but what's more is him!

He's freaking everywhere! Even if he managed to got through at least one or two times on the blockers which is starting to worry him as that tall middle blocker where on fire too, their #10 is a monster receiving all of his spikes so easily.

As if...as if he had already received it many times before.

Ushijima's sweat dropped on the floor as his head where hang low holding his knees when he glanced at the scoreboard seeing...seeing...

"U-Ushijima-san..?"

Shirabu looked at their ace who's starting to be worn out now as Karasuno where so far ahead being the score 22-10.

Those 10 points where thanks to his powerful spikes really as the other spikers in their team where getting constantly blocked.

"Shirabu"