• chapter 40 •

Hinata released off some steam from his mouth as the game just started and the opposing team are on attack

"Now, let me see your skills", Coach Hibarida grinned as he held on his chin with anticipation on Hinata while Coach Kotaro on the other hand, didn't have much that high expectation on the tangerine. Instead he wants to see Ushijima shine.

"Left!", Sakusa called out making their way on the left with Bokuto and Komori.

Yabai...this is the first time, I'll face head on the ultimate cannon!

Komori nervously thought as they synchly jumped for their 3 person-blocking against Ushijima.

Ushijima leaned his body back, puffing out his chest to put more force into his spike.

I'm...stronger...than all of you!

The ball was slammed to the floor like a freaking cannon and the receivers where frozen in place on how loud the sound was on that spike

Ushijima did a small pumped fist as he landed to cheer himself up with the others hyped up too behind him.

The players who where not called to participate in this shuffle-position game where on the sidelines and mouth dropped as they saw that first point.

"T-That's..."

"Isn't that too aggressive?"

"Yeah...I'm scared to play against him..."

That's the point. If a person encounters a wall, they tend to be scared.

Coach Hibarida thought as he continue holding his chin while looking at Ushijima who seemed very serious today.

But...I don't think it has an effect on him

Coach Hibarida turned his head seeing Hinata smiling scarily at what Ushijima displayed.

Amazing...

Hinata thought as he didn't expect Ushijima to pull that kind of play immediately. He knows that Ushijima can do that in the future, but it seems it's being brought out earlier than he thought.