• chapter 43 •

Rain of praises came from the bench players for Team 1 as they all walk back to Coach Hibarida along with the Team 2 who had serious expressions on. 

None of them where angry but as a volleyball player themselves who where invited here in the youth camp, they know the frustration of losing when you're so into the game.

They are not showing that, instead they have a different mindset. That defeat is a challenge for them to do better.

All of them are gathered in front and saw Coach Hibarida looking at each players when his gaze landed on Hinata. Hinata's sure that he saw the Coach smile at him for a second before he cleared his throat.

"Both Teams showed a spectacular plays. You showed us the skills and talents we expected to see on the chosen players for the Youth Camp. However in a game, there are always a winner and a losing one", Coach Hibarida paused as he stared at Team 2 for a bit.

"Both of you know what you need to do now. Am I right?"

"Yes Coach!"

Everyone answered in synch making the Coach smile more.

"Okay! Now for the teams on the second game we have..."

And so another random teams where formed among the players that haven't played yet while the players who have played already where doing their own routines now based on that match.

Some decided to rest for a bit while some immediately went on their light practice especially the Team who are frustrated at their lost.

Hinata was about to do some setting drills with Atsumu when Coach Hibarida called him.

.

.

.

On the small town of Miyagi, a group of people who are determined not to lose on their rivals aka their teammates who have gone in their own adventures on improving their set of skills. 

This team is composed of a dependable captain, a caring vice-captain, the three forgotten players, a pinch-server, and a bunch of idiots who where now resting on the floor with tired faces.

"You think Kageyama and Hinata arrived safely at their destination?", asked by Asahi who where doing leg stretches.

"Yeah, that's what I'm worried about since the one who drew the map was Tanaka and Nishinoya", Sugawara glancing at Tanaka while closing the cap of his water bottle.

"Why are you so mean Suga-san?!", Tanaka shouted while blushing out of embarassment.

"Yeah, I mean as long as it's understandable and Shoyo's there so he'll understand it", Nishinoya calmly remarked.

"Did you just dissed Hinata there?", Sugawara raised an eyebrow giving that threatening eyes of his that made Nishinoya flinch.

"Calm down everyone. They arrived safely there"

A familiar voice entranced their ears that made them turn around to the source and saw Takeda-sensei standing there with a smile.

"Oh, Takeda-sensei", Sugawara smiled awkwardly.

"Yes, they are fine so don't worry. Actually, Ukai-kun is now speaking to the Head Coach of Japan National Volleyball Team on the phone"

"HUH?!"

Everyone unconsciously shouted as they heard the mention of Head Coach and not just any head coach, the Head Coach of Japan National Volleyball Team.

"W-Wha-", Asahi stuttered.

"W-Why is Coach speaking--", even Daichi is stunned.

"Is something the matter?? Did something happen to Hinata and Kageyama?!", Sugawara worriedly asked.

"Ah, that is...", Takeda-sensei prolonged as he glanced to Coach Ukai who just entered now the gym after speaking to the Head Coach of Japan National Team.

His eyes widened when he saw Coach Ukai's face so perplexed and his gaze where fixed on the floor.

"Ukai-kun!!"

This made Takeda-sensei worried. Did something really happen to those kids?! 

He rushed in front of Coach Ukai not knowing that the rest also followed him.

"Coach", Daichi started.

"What happened Coach? Why is your expression like that?", Tanaka asked as he is starting to get worried as well.

When Coach Ukai's gaze just went on them without speaking any words. They stared at each other for a few seconds, puzzling thoughts started to occur when he opened his mouth.

"Hinata...Hinata just..."

Earlier when Coach Hibarida called out Hinata- 

"Hinata-kun, do you want to be a part of Japanese National Volleyball Team?", Coach Hibarida offered with a smile.

Coach Kotaro's eyes widened while quickly turning to Coach Hibarida as if he tried to uselessly confirm it and also internally question the Coach's offer there.

Why did he suddenly say that?! And Hinata-kun is just a first-year?! How about his school and the upcoming interhigh-match?!

Coach Kotaro glanced now at the one who's being offered and Hinata also had the same look as him. He also probably had the same questions in his mind as well.

"Don't worry, this offer is suitable after you finished your interhigh-match. There, you will just fill-up the papers and you are a member already", the Coach smiled more.

"Isn't there a need for a try-outs?", Hinata asked still shocked.

"Nope. I already saw what I needed to see and besides..."

Hinata waited when the head coach glanced at him with intimidating eyes while smirking making him slightly surprised.

"...You're still hiding something on your sleeves right?"

Now this made him more surprised than his stare. Of course, an experienced person can tell if someone is also experienced and for a first-year with so much experience like Hinata, it will be really confusing and intriguing on how did he get so much growth at that short span of time.

He is sure he didn't tell any hints that this is his second life, that he is just repeating another high-school years when he is already a pro. His plays and skills can't deny that, but Hinata didn't expect for the Head Coach to notice that in just one game.

Hinata released a sigh before he opened his mouth when the Coach unexpectedly said something.

"I mean I haven't seen you play as a middle-blocker yet. Isn't that your position? I'm sure you're a beast to your own position. Either on blocking or being a decoy isn't it?"

Hinata can't help but to smile that the coach even knew that he is an effective decoy. He became worried for nothing. He thought he was busted there.

It's true he hasn't seen the rest of what Hinata is capable of.

Hinata smiled and gave now an answer to the Coach.

Because he is gonna show it all at the Interhigh match since it's gonna be his last.

Last time to play and be with the people he loves.