🐺Chapter 15

The woods were tranquil and a cold wind blew their way. This part of the woods had a large forest beyond it. The town of Solasta was known for its beauty. Mountains were planted around the place, atop them were various greenery: pine, rubber and other sorts of shrubberies from the plant kingdom. Werewolves crawled all over the place which was why Calli never went out into the woods or the forest on her own.

"Sooo," Luca whistled, walking funnily in front of her.

"Sooo," she repeated his words and closed her eyes as another icy wind brushed the surrounding, caressing the leaves of the trees and bushes. She felt Luca staring at her again and opened one eye to see his face and he blushed as she caught him. Calli grinned at him and he did the same.

"I've been meaning to tell you Callisto," he said quietly.

"Hmm?" she hummed, admiring the nature and its beauty.

"I don't think they told you the truth. The oophaga poison they must have told you about was a lie," he uttered.

"Huh?" Callisto asked with wide eyes, her breath hitching at the words that came out of his mouth.

"Those pills were a wolfsbane virus. The pack and I broke into Dolores's house this week. We couldn't find any but we talked to Officer Harvey. He has disposed all of them but did give us information about it," he explained at a stunned Callisto. But he surely thought of a different reason why she was shocked. Words didn't come out and her mouth went dry.

"Why do you think she gave wolfsbane pills to your dad?" he inquired.

"I –I don't know," she told him and wrapped the jacket around herself tightly.

"I have never seen your dad come to think of it," Luca stared into the distance.

"Maybe I can drop you off at your home and meet him," he added and looked at the girl who was frozen solid to the ground.

"No. My bicycle cannot be left here," she said as an excuse.

"We can put it in my trunk. There's loads of space there," Whiskers came over to her and wrapped his muscular arms around her.

"You look like an ice statue. Thought you might need some warmth," was his explanation of this randomness. Callisto was a little comforted but there was a bigger scarier picture to think about now. She could run away or tell him the truth. Her birthday was weeks away and he would find out eventually. But her plan was to spill her secrets if he asked only.

'Oh lord spare me from this horrendous situation.'

"You okay with me meeting your dad Shroomy?" he asked and stared down at her chocolate haired head, still holding her, as she slowly cursed the universe and shook her head.

"You can't Luca. He'll kill me," she said and lifted her deep gaze to Luca's eyes that swirled with the colours of the forest floor; stunning.

"And why would he do that? Doesn't he know that I took you out?" he questioned and slowly laughed.

"He knows but he doesn't know you are a werewolf."

"Oh... Is there a problem with you going out with a werewolf?"

"He has a kind of grudge against you guys," she spoke, not entirely a lie.

"He'll never know then. Until the time comes that is," Whiskers said and smiled at her, his dimples tracing along his cheeks.

Callisto gawked down at her shoes and wished she could slam them together and get out of here like in The Wizard of Oz. She was fearful of what would happen if she told him the truth. But it would be an even more insane situation if he found out on her birthday. She should make him lie to his pack too. Will he do that for her?

"Callisto? You okay?" he asked and waited in patience for her response. He was being so sweet and comforting that the next thing she said just rolled out of her talking pit.

"He's a werewolf!" she silently shrieked and slapped her right hand on her mouth. Luca was flabbergasted and had gone tense. Both of them stood there and Callisto prayed to be sucked into the earth right now. Luca let go off her and started walking towards the trees when he stopped, turned and nudged his head for her to follow him. Callisto looked back at the empty diner and did as she was told. The last thing she wanted was for him to get mad at her and scream her secrets out for the world to be known. Maybe he was already mad. It was hopeless now, turning back. Is he going to attack her? No right?

They silently hiked to a nearby river and sat at two large rocks opposite to each other. Luca was deep in thought and didn't even look at Calli. She sighed and kicked herself over and over again in her head for being so stupid. Can she just say it was a mistake? It's way too late for that now. Ugh.

"You didn't want me to meet him cause you were afraid that I'd catch his scent?" he asked, still not looking at her and moving the pebbles on the floor with his shoes which were now covered in mud at the bottom. He didn't seem to care.

"Yes," she said, hesitantly and glanced at the boy with fair skin.

"Even if I did Callisto. Why does it matter?"

"Be – Because it would put us in danger."

"How? It won't unless..." he trailed off and looked at her, coming to realization.

"Unless you're rogue," he completed and kept staring at her for confirmation. She swept her dark brown eyes from Luca to the calm flowing river. The sound comforted her as she nodded at his doubts.

"Holy sh- shoebox," he said and stood up from his probably slippery rock and knelt down in front of her. He took her hands into his and stroked them like petting a frightened kitten.

"Callisto, listen to me," he said.

"This is a very serious and dangerous sitch. I understand why you kept it a secret and for your sake and your family's sake, I will keep it to myself too. But please tell me who else knows?" Luca prepended.

"Mark," she said as he nodded.

"Any family member who's in a pack?"

"No. Both my parents don't have sibling and my mother lost all connections of her pack for my father."

"Why?"

"I don't know, but my father is very stubborn and is determined not to join a pack."

"Not even for the safety of his children?!"

"Not even for that."

Luca sighed heavily and stood up from his previous position, her hands still in his.

"I promise I won't tell anyone okay? I know for a fact that you are no harm to others. How can a girl who saves ants be injurious to the world?"

She felt a weight fly off of her shoulders and her tenseness was loosened. Maybe Nico's flower was really working its magic upon her. She nodded and hugged him as he hugged her back. And they stayed that way for a while when she started sobbing silently. Luca didn't say anything and held her closely letting her tears soak his undoubtedly expensive shirt.

❆❆❆❆❆

Ehehehehe. Ik Ik late updates.. sorry bout that.