🐺Chapter 18

In the meantime, she spent a few more hours of the night reading novels in a nightgown to fuel her brain with creativity and imagination. And also to escape the madness of the world that exhausted her soul and body. Her eyes picked up on the eloquent descriptions written by the authors on various scenarios. She made it her goal to think in a way a writer would. See the world as a writer would. Because the world of a writer was much more beautiful as all the details were seen, heard, smelt and felt. Even the most fearsome things like the thunder were made enchanting.

Her phone beeped and she smiled at the screen which displayed the name of a boy she cared about. A faithful friend and hopefully someone more in the future. She accepted that she had a crush on him by the time she came home and sprawled on the arm chair that nestled on her oak wood floors. Her mind felt like a broken clock trying to move its arms. She was rattled to the point that she was unable to sleep so she read to calm herself down. Luca seemed unable to sleep too.

"You might be asleep right now. But I'm going to keep texting you because I can't sleep cause of... you know. I have kept my promise by the way. And I will do my best to protect you in every way I can. "

"Might delete this later because I feel like you'd laugh at my cheesiness. But a bit of cheesiness doesn't hurt anybody right? Can u believe some people hate cheese? If they do hate cheese, they are either stupid or lactose intolerant," he continued. Sometimes Callisto genuinely wonders what goes on in his head.

"I am not asleep mister and thank you very much for your reassurance."

"Holy goat cheese! Go to sleep!"

"But I wanna read!"

"Go. To. Sleep. Angel."

Her olive skin turned rosy at the word angel. She smiled.

"I can feel you blushing through the screen."

"I can feel you smirking through the screen."

"Well... you aren't wrong."

"And you aren't either."

"You're a ball of nervousness when flustered. It's cute!"

"Aww thank you Whiskers. I'll go to sleep now. My adenosine is blocked by coffee and the drowsiness is kicking in Looooca."

"Good night angle."

"I MEANT ANGEL!" Luca corrected hurriedly and Callisto bit her knuckles to hold in her laughter.

"Goodnight Einstein."

❆❆❆❆❆

Yello me amigos. 

Short Chapters ik ik... but 🐻 with me.