🐺Chapter 16

"Sorry," she wiped her eyes and nose and pulled away from him.

"It's okay. I truly am surprised that you guys are werewolves. Did not expect that but the pills should have made me realize. You know me... dumb ass is my middle name," he ranted and she started laughing. As cliché as it was, he was like the ray of light that gave her hand in the darkness. Mark she knew would not tell anyone but she was unsure of Luca. And now she understood that he was a very faithful person. She'll have to wait to know the rest of him.

"Do you wanna meet my wolf?" he asked trying to think of ways to cheer her up even though he already did.

"Are you okay with that?" she queried when she has already seen him but never closely.

"As long as you promise to show me your wolf when you enter lycanthropy."

"I promise."

And that being said, she turned around for him to transform. There was a chance his clothes might rip so he took them off before transforming. She stayed for a few seconds when something soft brushed against her arm. Calli squealed and turned around to see Luca. She thought he was just a blonde werewolf but there was more to him than meets the eye.

His pelt was in fact the hue of buttermilk but within that were strands of brown and white. Werewolves were rarely ever one colour. The moonshine illuminated the massive golden body of the werewolf sitting regally in front of her. His snout was white and it gradually faded into his aureate colour. Those familiar hazel eyes examined the short haired girl who slowly raised her hand to feel his fur. He allowed and closed his eyes while Calli ran her fingers through the pool of mane.

"You're breath-taking," she said and scratched the back of his ear lightly by going on her tip toes as he leaned into her touch. He bent down for her to climb onto his back and she politely accepted, almost falling as she did. He wolf-laughed at her and she playfully smacked him which made him laugh even more.

Then he gently lifted them off of the cold ground with no struggles –since she wasn't the lightest –and started slowly walking through the woods. Her fear of heights was beginning to start but she held on tight. The death silence was very comforting to her and Luca's ears were faced forward as they went. She knew that he was paying close attention to their surrounding in case they run into another werewolf. Or maybe even a rogue. She gulped at the thought and scrutinized the lush environment.

Callisto bent down and lightly hugged the body of the colossal wolf. His head turned back slightly to see her and she swore she saw him smile. Her head filled up with a happy feeling she could not quite grasp. 

❆❆❆❆❆

There's always more to something than meets the eye.