Kabanata 25 (Unedited)

"Hey." Startled after tapping his shoulders, Rex turned his head on me with his round lips.

"Woah. You looked like an ex-convict."

Sumama ang timpla ng mukha ko sa sinabi niya lalo na nang sinipat niya ako mula ulo hanggang paa. "Seriously?" Para namang may bago sa kung paano ako manamit.

"Seriously. I was kind of worried after you called me earlier asking for a favor." Huminto ang kaniyang tingin sa ulo kong natatabunan ng hood bago naningkit ang kaniyang mata sa akin. "What happened? And..." nilibot niya ang maliit na espasyo katabi ng isang establishyemento kung nasaan kami, "are we really going to talk here? How about in a café or restaurant?"

Rolling my eyes at him, I walked towards the hood of his car and leaned there with my crossed arms. "I'm not going to stay longer, I really just want to ask you a favor."

Naramdaman ko ang presensiya niyang lumapit sa akin at sumandal sa kaniyang sasakyan katabi ko. May kung ano siyang kinuha sa bulsa ng sira-sira niyang pantalon kung saan ko napansin ang isang pakete ng sigarilyo. Kumuha siya ng isa roon at iniabot sa akin.

"Do you smoke?" he asked.

"Since when did you become a smoker?" I asked him before I took it away from his hand and lit it up using the lighter that he's doing.

"We're not oftenly seeing each other so...you have no idea. You? Didn't know you'd smoke."

Humithit ako roon sandali bago ibinuga ang usok. "I did smoke way back in Paris, though ain't frequently. Only when I needed to sort of some things."

The last time I smoke as far as I could remember was when after I had broken up with Morthon. And did I forgot to mention that our relationship was a forbidden one? He's the boss and I was his personnel. Having an affair with someone who has the higher position in the organization was part of the rules that shouldn't be tolerate, hence our relationship for two years had remained as a secret; one of the reason why Ferisha thought that I hadn't commit to anyone before, because even her doesn't know it.

Technically speaking, I wasn't the one who had broken the rules, but Morthon too. I mean who wouldn't try to hit on him? Me, because I honestly didn't had the interest to start a relationship with him aside from the fact that I needed to close our distance because he was helping me with my issues. For me he's an eyesore, but for every female in that organization? He's a god that they should adore.

Not until he hit on me and made me fell on his trap. Siya ang una ko sa lahat, pero sinisiguro kong hindi na siya ang magiging huli.

"That seems heavy huh. What favor you're going to ask?"

Sucking the tip of the cigarette, I blew the smoke of it to escape from my mouth before I took a deep sigh. "I need some henchmen."

Sa sinabi kong iyon ay tuluyan siyang napabaling sa akin ng tingin; may kunot sa kaniyang noo dala ng pagtataka, "You're guarding someone?"

Turning at him using my dull eyes, I puffed the smoke in front of his face that didn't even change his expression. "At least five-ah no, make it ten. Don't worry, I'll be the one to pay them if ever they do their job well. Can you look them for me?"

"Of course, Nis. But why?"

Itinapon ko ang upos ng sigarilyo sa kung saan bago ako humarap sa kaniya. "Morthon found me, and Lyla was with him. He took her, Rex. And I need your help to take her back."

Playing fair wasn't the option. If Morthon wants to play a dirty tricks on me again, then so do I.

Napansin ko ang pagkahinto niya sa aking sinabi kaya sandali ko siyang sinipat. I saw the hint of hesitation in his eyes, however it vanished so sudden that he shifted his gaze on me. Hindi ko tuloy naiwasang magtaka sa bigla niyang ikinilos kaya't naningkit ang dalawa kong mata sa kaniya.