Training

Summary:

When training any of the robins, Batman would just randomly ambush them with things to sharpen their skills.

For this story, we're just gonna focus on Dickie boy.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Dick's POV

When I started my Robin training a few weeks ago, I thought Bruce was just gonna teach me how to fight, get out of traps, and be a good detective. Boy, was I wrong. For the past few days, Bruce has been randomly ambushing me.

At first, it was nerf bullets. He'd find me in the living room, and then fire. When I didn't move out of the way, he'd give me a lecture of how I need to be on high alert and always be aware. He even shot me while I was in the shower once.

Then, he moved on to smoke bombs, cause as everyone knows is the next logical step from nerf guns. I would just be in my room doing my algebra homework, when all of a sudden, my door burst open and he throws a smoke bomb. I had to find my way through the smoke to exit my room. He would time me while he waited in the hallway. Of course, when I failed the expectations, he'd give me another lecture.

He finally stopped using the smoke bombs when Alfred made him after he kept setting off the smoke alarms. So he moved on to silly string...which eventually got all over my homework.

Do you know how hard it is to explain to your teacher why your homework is stained with silly string? Because I do.

He even would shoot me with paintballs.

I wonder how my life would have turned out if he was normal and just spoiled me.

One day, I felt like I had the upper hand. I found his spare paintball gun while exploring the bat cave and took it with me while I went to go work on my master plan to get him back.

While he was in the bat cave working on a case, I was up in my room making a dummy to look like me reading a book. When I finished, I took the paintball gun with me and hid in my vent that was above the door.

I sat and waited for a few minutes before I heard his faint foot steps outside my room. He quickly opened the door and shot the paint ball gun at dummy me and it flopped over.

He walked over to it carefully when he heard it fall to the ground. He looked around for me when I bust open the vent and flipped out and shot him in the chest.

"Gotcha Brucie!" I shouted as he wiped the bring pink paint off his shirt.

"Not bad, Dickie. You do realize this means war, right?" He raised an eyebrow at me as he raised up his paintball gun at me. I softly chuckled before running out the room.

From then on, I've enjoyed every second of being Robin.