Sick Little Bats (young Jaybird)

Summary:

How each Robin acts while they are sick.

This story is about Jason when he was Robin.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Third POV

Here he was. Jason Todd. Laying as still as he could, waiting for the icy grip of Death. At least, that's how he acted. Jason always acted like he was dying whenever he got sick. He would start making a will that changed every five minutes.

Bruce walked in with some soup and crackers for Jason as he threw his arm to cover his eyes.

"Oh papa, when I pass, I want a statue made in my honor."

"Yes, Jay." Bruce responds with no emotion in his voice.

"It gets so tiring waiting for death's hold on my soul." Jason kept going on.

"If you keep talking, I'll help speed up the process, now eat your soup and take your medicine." He places the soup down on the side table along with the crackers and leaves the room. Jason was always such a dramatic kid. Especially when he was sick. He just had to act like a dying royal person.

Bruce needed a break from Edger Allen Poe down the hall so he called in his, by far, favorite older son to come babysit while he got some work done. He trusted Jason to be on his own for awhile, but this was the same Jason who tried to boil an egg and somehow set fire to the fridge.

"Hey Bruce, what's up? Need help in Gotham? "

"Actually," Bruce thought about it for a second, he wasn't sure if Dick would come if he knew the truth, "yes. We have a case about a new villain that has been working under the Joker and we need help figuring out his hide out. Meet me at the manor and we'll discuss it more when you get here."

"Sounds like a plan. I'm actually in town visiting Babs, so I'll be over in a few." Dick hung up and started headed that way.

Meanwhile, young Jason is coughing up a storm wondering if this is his final days. He hated being sick. Although, he would be lying if he said he didn't liked the attention. He also liked being out of school for a day or two. Only bad thing is while he's sick, he can't be out on patrol with Bruce or train with Nightwing. He liked Nightwing, he treated him like a little brother, which Jason didn't mind because he always wanted a sibling.

What he didn't know at that time was his big brother was just arriving at the manor down stairs. When Dick showed up, he walked right into the kitchen, hoping he would catch Alfred in the middle of cooking something. He saw all the ingredients out to make homemade soup, which Alfred only made when someone was sick.

"Oh god no." Dick tried to make it to the door before someone noticed him there.

"Grayson! Glad to see you!" Bruce said as he walked down the stairs while putting on a jacket.

"Hey Tati," Dick called Bruce that when he was trying to lie his way out of something, "I just remembered, um," he tried to come up with a lie on why he needed to leave, but failed to think of anything. Bruce raised an eyebrow, waiting to hear an excuse.

"Just go. I'll take care our little Dead Poet Society upstairs." Bruce gave him a smile and wrapped him in a hug which Dick returned.

"I'll be back in a bit, I just need to get some work done at the office. I promise I'll have Alfred make you something to take home." Dick fist bumped the air with a grin on his face. Bruce left with a deep chuckle as he headed to his car.

Dick decided to help clean up the house. He's dealt with Jason when he was sick before and it was not pretty. As if the memories summoned him, Jason came down the stairs wrapped in a blanket as if it was an expensive silk robe. He was stroking the walls.

"Oh house of memories, we shall meet again." Like Bruce said before. A real drama queen. Jason didn't even notice Grayson till he chuckled at his dramatic younger brother.

"Dickie!" He walked, or more of waddled because of the blanket wrapped around his legs, over to Grayson and gave him a big hug. Of course, Dick returned and squeezed him a bit hard. He wouldn't admit it out loud but he did miss his little wing.

"What are you doing here? Did the old man send for you to watch over me in my final hours?" Dick smiled and shook his head.

"Of course not, I felt that something was wrong and came to visit you. Here, how 'bout we get you back to bed?" Jason nodded and waddled his way back to bed with Grayson not far behind.

He made Jason eat his soup, crackers, and made him take his meds. Even if some of it got on the wall, he still took it. Then, Grayson grabbed a book and started to read to him to help Jason fall asleep.

"Thank you so much, Dickie. When I pass on, you shall get my leather jacket."

"The brown one?" Dick questioned hopefully.

"I'd rather give you my kidney before giving you that one. I'm gonna be buried with it." He said as his eyelids grew heavy. He heard Grayson chuckle and hummed in amusement.

"Good night, you crazy person." He turned off the light and headed down the stairs as Bruce opened the front door.

"You owe me big time. Also, there may be some of the medicine on the wall in his room." Bruce just rolled his eyes with a sly smile.

"What did he offer for you to have after his 'passing'?" Bruce asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"His leather jacket." Dick grabbed a soda out of the fridge and grabbed one for Bruce.

"The brown one?" Bruce questioned when he grabbed the drink from Dick.

"Nope, he said and I quote 'I'd rather give you my kidney before giving you that one.'." He took a sip of his drink and then sat at the table. Bruce laughed hard imagining all the many things that Jason has offered.

They continued the night talking and sharing their favorite Sick Jason quotes.