Sick Little Bats (young Dickie)

Summary:

How each Robin acts while they are sick.

This story is about Dick when he was younger, around the age of 10.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Third POV

Bruce was at the office trying to pay attention during a meeting about how sales were doing that quarter. Soon, he got a call from his young son's school. He excused himself from the meeting and took the call in his office.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mr. Wayne, we have young Grayson here in the nurses office and he is running a low fever. He will need to be picked up from the school."

"Oh dear, I am on my way. Can you put him on the phone?"

"Of course," Bruce hears her get Dick's attention before passing the phone to him, "Tati?"

"Hey buddy, are we not feel-" he was cut off by Dick coughing hard and wheezing. "Don't worry, I'm on my way. Hang tight."

"Okay, tati." He sniffled and handed the phone back to the school nurse then she hung up. Bruce gathered up his briefcase and some paperwork, then headed to his car. He texted his work team the situation and then called Alfred to inform him what was happening. On his way to pick up Grayson, he stopped at a local pharmacy and bought all kinds of kids medication, and got Dick some Sprite.

He soon picked up his son from school. He looked so pale and fragile, like he was seconds away from passing out. It made Bruce so worried when he had to carry Dick to the car. He looked fine this morning when Bruce dropped him off. He swore if his precious baby boy got sick from one of those disease filled petri dish kids he was gonna fight the child and their parents.

When they returned to the manor, Bruce carried Dick to his room as he slipped into a peaceful sleep in Bruces arms. He looked so small compared to Bruces muscles. He gently laid the young boy on his bed as Alfred walked into the room. He brought a cold ice pack wrapped in a wash cloth to help cool down the fever. Bruce thanked Alfred as he left to go get dinner ready.

Bruce set the bag filled with medication on the table. Alfred eyed the bag with a questioning expression. Bruce looked at him and answered the question.

"Yeah," Bruce chuckled while glancing at the bag, "guess I went a bit overboard. I didn't know what to get Alfred, so I just got what ever looked like it was gonna help." Alfred smiled and patted Bruce on the back.

"I'm sure, they'll work Master Bruce. I made some soup for him."

"Thank you Alfred, we'll wait till he eats something before giving him some medicine." Alfred nodded and went to do his nightly chores.

Bruce went to his office to try to get some work done till he heard a small voice call for him down the hall.

"Tati?" Bruce got up and jogged to young Dick's room.

"Hey, how are we feeling?" Bruce asked while feeling his head. He still felt warm and was very pale.

"I'm hungry. Did Alfred make soup?" Dick asked with a yawn and a sniffle. He still felt weak.

"You know he did. I'll go get it for you, then we'll take some medicine to make you feel better, okay?" Dick nodded before laying back down. Bruce rubbed his head and headed downstairs to grab the soup that Alfred made and some medicine.

After the young sick boy ate and took some medicine, he asked Bruce in the softest voice if he would read him a story. How could Bruce say no to his adorable little boy? He took a book off the bookshelf and laid down next to Grayson as he cuddled up to Bruce. When the young boy was sound asleep, Bruce carefully moved off the bed and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Love you, buddy. Sweet dreams." before heading to his own bedroom, he heard in a quiet voice from within the room.

"Love you too, tati."

Bruce went to bed with a smile on his face. Who knew having a son would bring him the joy he need?