The Emergency Contact List (pt. 1)

Summary:

Damian gets in trouble at school all week and the principle has to call the people on his emergency contact list.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Third POV

Bruce Wayne

For anyone else, going to the principal's office would be nerve wracking, unless you're Damian Wayne, then it's just another Tuesday.

"Hello, Damian. I heard you got into a disagreement with a classmate, is that correct?" The principal talked to him as if they were best friends. They weren't.

"If by 'disagreement' you mean I showed him what a real fighter looks like, then yes."

"Well, fighting is against school policy. I'm gonna have to call your father."

"Go ahead." Damian slammed down one of Bruce's business cards down on the table, "I'd try his work cell, he's more likely to pick up."

She picked up the card and dialed up the number.

"Hello, this is Bruce Wayne. How may I help?"

"Hi, Mr. Wayne I am Principle Yates from Gotham Academy. I have Damian Wayne in my office. He is in trouble for fighting another classmate."

"Okay, put him on. I'm busy so let's get this over with." Bruce was used to these types of phone calls when Jason was in school, and a little bit of Dick when he was too.

She passed the phone to Damian. He had a smug look on his face knowing that he wasn't gonna get in trouble.

"Hello, Father."

"Damian, what the hell did you do?"

"The other kid started it. He tried to dishonor our family name, so I had to shut him up. In my defense, I gave him a few warnings before I threw the punch."

"Did you at least win? "

"Of course, I won. Who do you think I am? I am a Wayne and I am superior-"

"Yeah yeah yeah, look son I got work to do just don't do it again."

"Yes sir. I'll be better next time." Damian hung up the phone, then walked back to class.

Dick Grayson

"Hello, Damian, do you know why you're here...again?" Principal Yates asked Damian as he sat down across from her.

"I got into a fight with another kid. I'm not a dumb child." His face showed no emotion, which for him wasn't uncommon. Like father, like son.

"Well unfortunately, I'm gonna have to call your father."

"Go on, I'll wait." She dials up the same number from yesterday.

"Hello, this is Bruce Wayne."

"Hello, this is principal Yates calling again because Damian-"

"Oh uh," Bruce knew what it was about and really didn't want to talk about it. He saw an opportunity as Tim walked by his office. He signaled for Tim to come in and motioned that he wanted to end a phone call without being rude.

"Mr. Wayne, we absolutely need you in the conference room at once!" Tim said in his most dramatic British accent.

"As you see, I am very busy so how about you call the next person on the contact list." Bruce hung up the phone. Principal Yates put the phone down and then went to the computer to look up the next number on the list. Damian grew curious about what was happening.

"What? What did my father say?" Damian tried to see the computer screen, but failed. She picked up the phone again and started to dial.

"Yellow?"

"Hello, is this a Mr. Grayson?" Damian knew he was in trouble. He was gonna get a whole speech that would make people think Grayson is his father.

"Yes ma'am, this is he. Who's asking?"

"This is principal Yates from Gotham Academy. I have Damian Wayne here with me-"

"Oh god, what did he do now?"

"He got into a fight with a classmate."

"Oh my sweet boy, okay let me talk to him." She handed the phone over to the young Wayne. He hesitated taking the phone.

"Hey, Grayson."

"Honey, what happened? Did the other kid start it? What's his name? I'll have a meeting with the kids' parents and get this all sorted out."

"No no it's okay, you don't have to do that. It was a slight argument that turned into a fight."

"Dami, we talked about this. You don't have to fight. Is this about you struggling between being an al Ghul and being a Wayne? You know you can always talk to me-" Dick started to tear up. 

"I know I can talk to you, you're my big brother, Grayson. The fight had nothing to do with that." Damian started tearing up along with Dick. Damian doesn't cry, but when he hears his big brother cry, he cries with him. The principal sat there with shock sewn onto her face, she's never seen Damian like this.

"Then what was the fight about? As long as you didn't start it, then it's okay."

"The kid was being annoying and was being mean to Jon. He can't protect himself and I had to do something. Are you disappointed in me?" Damian asked in a small voice, unsure of what Dick would say.

"Of course not! Dami, I am so proud of you and how much you've come from when you first joined the family. I love you, little brother." Dick was now full on crying.

"I love you too, Grayson. I'll try better at not fighting. It's just so hard sometimes." Damian was also now crying. They were both having a therapy session like they do all the time. 

"If anyone would understand, it's us. Oh god. I'm at work, so I need to get off the phone before I cry more. See you later at home, Dami."  Dick got off the phone after Damian said his goodbye. The principal slid over a tissue box towards Damian and let him calm down a bit before she let him head back to class.