Chapter 8: Superficial Harassment Alongside Duties

You know the worst thing about working in an environment that you're not completely used to, or you don't like is not really when you can't get in the mood or anything like that. Well at least not for Shao Long's case, preferably the Student Council meeting room where he could literally see the rest of the members.

It's totally fine if these people were pretty good at their jobs, even if you don't like them. At the very least, you won't feel as irritated. However, Shao Long was raised to prioritize result and yield, so the working process and environment he's very used to is basically the complete opposite of what's happening over here. The people of his company work overtime like it's their purpose, even if they weren't obligated to at all.

A typical elite banking company, yes.

He used to do all the treasurer's duty back in the dorms, alone in his room with some motivational music playing in the background, most likely for a few hours straight until he's done 100% with his work, then he's free for the rest of the week. On weekends, he didn't leave the room unless he needed the compulsory nutrition and hydration liquid, or he needed to shop. The remaining time is spent doing all the work that would cover him up for the rest of the week.

Seriously, how else was he able to skip meetings so easily? His work is efficient, fast, and concise. Even the things that Evan didn't need him to do, he did because that's just how the Chinese working culture works.

As a result, he had plenty of time to play around, browsing TikTok, work with his own company and finding ways to get back at Anubis for the countless times he had fucked him up in the middle of an evil plot that he worked so hard to figure out.

But now? Now he didn't have time for all of that. On top of all the analyzing and the rest of the treasurer's work that unfortunately had to face the same misfortune as him (suspended), he needed to gain enough money for the winter's event, do his homework, hide the fact that his family is facing a financial crisis (hilarious for a banking company to have trouble in finance), and handle his own company to support the Xi Family. The last part was the hardest because when you hit rock bottom, people were unexpectedly willing to dig a hole deeper for you to fall in.

It was hard, when the bank goes bankrupt, they need to pay a deposit for the users while the company finds ways to overcome the bankruptcy. This will only lead to more debts and Shao Long didn't need more in his hands. They still have a couple tens of thousands of dollars, but that was specifically reserved for his little brother's surgery. The company's money had all been used up, until his father wasn't the biggest share holder anymore.

That was one of the major fuck-up that happened just a week ago.

When the biggest shareholder goes to someone else, that means they are now the owner of the company, the CEO and the leader of all fucks. Now when this happens, it's very, very easy to fire the previous biggest shareholder. That's how his father was fired from the company.

Shao Long and his mother has a part in the company as well, and they didn't get fired, mostly because his father is a prodigy is business and he was just, just a teenager. They wanted to resign, him and his mother, but they terribly needed the money. His mother's position was lowered, while Shao Long was still an active part in the CFO's department.

Him being at school only caused his career to be extremely fragile. If he could not keep up with his standard achievement, he might as well get fired. Him being a teenager limits his salary pay, despite his work being on equal par with his colleges. Working from somewhere else cuts his pay as well.

And to think he was literally forced to come back to Momosu to study when he's capable enough to work? Fucking bullshit. He didn't know what his parents were thinking, but he certainly hated for a fact that he was sent here out of his own will. And for what?