Chapter 76: Kings Are The Slaves of Their Country

Lost track of time and only just realized that y'all have been deprived since a week ago? Absolute crime. Thankfully I just decided the next scene that's not a filler or a backstory, and does indeed have a big impact on the story. Forgive me if some scenes may look a little bit faster than expected, yeah?  This chapter may be a bit long, I'm trying to fit the major events of the day into one so that you can have a general idea of the day's timeline, yeah? 

Btw look what I found. 

I saw it on Tiktok once and finally found it in Pinterest

I saw it on Tiktok once and finally found it in Pinterest. The most accurate character resembling Anubis thus far. Except I'd prefer it that the nails are either white or black. Take your pick. Oh, gold does the job too. You know. 

__________________________________________________

"I want access to the student's log." 

Evan's eyes twitched at the tone. His academy had operated for more than ten years. He'd seen his fair share of bratty royalties and nobles demanding this and that as if they had any rights over the Academy. He'd seen students demanding their home country's food, their family company's products being used, their entertainment facilities built, their uniform designs changed. He thought that at some point, these little things wouldn't be enough to make him explode anymore. It's a child's tantrum, it's a fly he could whisk away. 

But Anubis definitely took the cake. 

Mainly because there was little Evan could do to him when it came to demanding the appropriate respect. Even though Anubis' influence as the next-in-line for the throne of Egypt is relatively lower compared to the rest of the Student Council members, his social status was undeniably much higher than any of theirs. That being said, the only thing stopping him from taking over the throne right now was his age. Which wasn't that far away from the required age to rule over the country. 

The other princes had siblings, cousins, elections. Anubis does not. 

That, however, shouldn't stop Evan from being the statue that he was. Ignoring his childish demands was part of his job as the principal. Despite having that much power over his country, here he was only a student. Here he had little to no right  beyond what others received. 

But unfortunately, the reason for Anubis' cockiness wasn't his royal status. It was his role in solving their current problem, which was the Xi family's menace. Being close enough to the family meant that he had Xi Wenzhou's trust, and because Evan sorely wanted to help the Xi, cooperating with Evan was something that he should do. And he did know that the best course of action that would help everyone in this case was to give in to his demands.