Chapter 22: Of Anxiety and Little Apologies

A/N: Addmaths will be the death of me. Literally. Just when I thought I survived hell, there's another layer that needs attention. 

Sigh.

So Imma update a few pictures as well about how a few characters would look like in my head, specifically Sir Andy and Sir Isaac, since this is a multiple race, and I need it to be apparent on their features.

Name: Andy Tang
Age: 43 (but Shao Long calls him old man cuz he can)
Occupation: Economics Teacher
Nationality: Vietnam

Name: Andy TangAge: 43 (but Shao Long calls him old man cuz he can)Occupation: Economics TeacherNationality: Vietnam

Yes he's good looking. Yes he looks young.

Name: Isaac Ramirez
Age: 43 (you'll know why they're the same age later)
Occupation: History teacher
Nationality: American half German

Name: Isaac RamirezAge: 43 (you'll know why they're the same age later)Occupation: History teacherNationality: American half German

Looks like a cool teacher, no?

************************************

Shao Long looked at everyone, every single human in the meeting room except Charles. And it wasn't completely obvious if you actually focused on his presentation. His presentation wasn't a prepared one, but he had kept all the necessary material needed in the Student Council drive, so all that's left is to explain. Thing is, Shao Long learned that lesser prepared material gives you more stuff to explain, which extends his presentation to a total of a six minutes and a half. And during it all, not a single millisecond was spared by him to make eye contact with Charles. 

And he knew that Charles was actually keeping track of the time he was presenting, like he always does, it's the secretary's job after all to ensure each member does not exceed the time limit. He knew as well that looking at the timer WILL make you nervous, which would unconsciously speed him up, so he avoided those baby blue eyes like the plague itself. 

Meanwhile, Charles had to say that he was impressed, even though he would never really admit it, because judging by the number of slides, and Shao Long's progress so far, the Chinese was going to make it at exactly 6 minutes and 30 seconds. But the guy wasn't looking at him. 

It's a common manner to make eye contact with the audience, and if Charles hadn't been observing every single body language he displayed, from the change of his expression, the change in intonation and especially his gestures, he wouldn't have noticed that Shao Long looked at EVERY single one of them EXCEPT him.