Chapter 51: Seeing The Worst Of You

"Chris...." 

Pale blue eyes spared a brief glance towards the source of the voice before resolutely turning away back to the screen of his laptop, earning a whine from his left side. "It's lunch time, why are you still in class? Aren't you hungry?" 

The blond shook his head, nudging his chin towards the door in an attempt to gesture for Louis to go ahead without him. Chris continued to type on his computer, only pausing for a few seconds before resuming. Multiple times, deft fingers thrummed wildly on the backspace bar, deleting a whole paragraph's worth of writing. This happened a few times before the boy admittedly gave up, sighing a heavy sigh and ruffling his already messy hair. 

The harsh movement allowed him to catch sight of the figure standing next to him, still as a statue. Chris jumped in shock to see Louis still hovering at his side, with a displeased look in his face and possibly disapproval as well. 

Chris had no plausible idea on how long the guy could have been standing there. Not when there was nothing in Louis' hand like he hadn't yet been to the cafeteria to buy food. Had he not moved at all since Chris had dismissed him? But at one glance, he saw the tense shoulders, the frown that marred his face, and the one-inch pout he couldn't seem to shake off since childhood, and Chris could only sigh. 

"You know you can leave first, you know?"

"You're going to ditch me again, are you?"

"You're being ridiculous, Louis. Don't you know what deadline means? It's like in two months and I haven't yet finished the climax." 

Louis knew too that among many scenes that existed in many novels and comics, the hardest one to illustrate or write was always the climax. The pacing needed to be taken good care of, the action needed to be swift and brief, and not confusing, the cliffhanger needed to be effective enough, the plot twist must look like it made sense. Louis knew that the hard way when Chris would spend a couple of days just like this, ignoring him, having a passionate relationship with the screen and love-hate relationship with Grammarly. During this time, not even the smell of food or the sight of a bed could get him away from his chair. Not until his fic was completed. 

With a sigh, Louis started formulating a speech that could get his friend to actually respect his bodily needs, hell he heard his stomach rumbling at least twice this hour alone. 

"MK 13 Chassis." He stated. 

"What?" 

________________________________________

Shao Long was a person who values physical intimacy. That was why he smothered kisses on Ru-er's face when the boy was bawling his eyes out. That was nudges her mother's elbow when they go whenever they go shopping. That was why he stayed with his father like a glue on business trips. And that was also why he wrestles Leo and Anubis to the ground too frequently to be called a misunderstanding.