Liam sick and alone

request from divinedancer07. anyone up for a little Niam bromance?

--------

"Liam, Li, Liam, wake up" Liam heard Harry's voice calling for him. "Harry?" Liam said rubbing his eyes and groaning, feeling a sharp pain shooting through his skull "you feeling alright? it's 9 already, everyone else is up" he asked, concern lacing his voice. "just a headache, i'm fine" Liam responded. Harry wasn't convinced but he let it slide, they had a busy day ahead. Liam stood up immediately feeling extremely dizzy and stumbling. "woah woah woah" Harry exclaimed, helping him regain his balance. 

"still alright?" 

"yeah, got up too quickly" 

"Liam, you're allowed to fall ill sometimes, we can handle it if you need a day off" 

Liam debated for a couple seconds. "i'm fine" he said. "as you say" harry said and they went to the kitchen. Niall gave Liam a piece of toast. "sorry, running on against the time right now" Niall said. Liam looked at the toast and picked at distastefully. "don't want it," he said and left to go to the bathroom. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he really wasn't feeling well and by the looks of it, he looked just as bad but there was no way management was going to let him out of things unless he was throwing up, which he wasn't. 

He heard knocking on the door and a voice from outside. "Li, you ok in there?" It sounded like Louis but the voice wasn't very clear behind the pounding in his head. "yeah" Liam answered. "be right out" Liam washed his face, hoping to get some colour. Liam opened the door to a concerned Louis. "jesus christ payno, you look pale!" Louis exclaimed and Liam smiled sheepishly. "yeah, just a bit of a headache" Liam answered. As Liam followed Louis to the lounge, Louis' hand rubbed against Liam's. 

"awfully sweaty, you are" he commented and stopped walking to take a good look at Liam. His face was whiter than a sheet, except his cheeks which were bright red. Small beads of sweat forming on the boy's forehead. "Li, you look, sick" Niall said. "no shit" Louis added and Niall pressed his hand against Liam's head. "holy shit- for the love of god Liam, why the hell did you not tell us you were feeling sick?" Niall said, feeling heat radiate off Liam like a furnace. "i'm fine" Liam mumbled, not really paying attention, he felt extremely out of it. "no you're not, go lay down, Lou get a thermometer, Haz get some fever reducers from the cabinet, i'll get wet washcloths" 

Seconds later, they had Liam laying down curled up on the couch with a thermometer, pills and washcloths on the coffee table. Louis stuck the thermometer in Liam's mouth. The small machine beeped rapidly indicating that Liam did have a fever. "103.4, the fuck" Louis read out loud. "forget the washcloths, he needs an ice bath" Niall said while harry handed Liam a glass of water with a couple pills. Louis filled the bath with regular unheated water, knowing fully well it wouldn't be healthy for Liam to be in anything colder with a fever as high as he had. About 5 minutes later, the bath was filled. "lads the bath is ready" Louis called. "cmon Liam" Niall ushered and Liam stood up, immediately feeling dizziness wash over him. He stumbled, being steadied by Niall. "i've got you" Niall said and helped Liam to the bathroom. "we're nearly there mate," Niall said feeling Liam shifting more of his weight on Niall. 

"you want me to help, or are you good by yourself?" Niall asked knowing fully well it was a stupid question. Liam didn't respond just grunted so Niall stripped him to his boxers and helped him into the bath. He was far too out of it to care. As soon as the water touched Liam's burning skin, his body jolted. "niall i'm cold" he said looked at niall with puppy dog eyes. Niall felt bad but there was nothing he could do other than give medicine and he wasn't letting Liam out of the bath. "i know Li, you'll feel better afterwards" Niall explained and Liam nodded fiddling with his fingers. 

"sorry to disturb but we've got an interview in 25 minutes and if we don't cancel now, they wont listen to us" Harry said knowing Liam was in no state to be going anywhere, poor kid was sick to the point he barely even registered what was going on around him. Niall came out fo the bathroom. "I've tried calling management, they didn't pick up, call the front office, we'll have a higher chance of getting out of this or at least get Liam out of it" Harry told Niall, knowing that the irish lad would be able to keep his cool if it was going to end in shit. 

"modest management how can i help you?" said a voice from the other end of the phone. "hey Janet" Niall said, recognising the voice as one of the nicer senior officers. "it's Niall you know Niall from one direction?" 

"yes Niall, i hope you're on your way to the interview" she said. "yeah about that, i know it's quite late but Liam's not well, any chance you can cancel?" Niall said, hoping they would give in to their request. "i'm sorry Niall, it's too much of a short notice for me to be able to cancel now, what's wrong with him?" she said sounding apologetic and quite frankly Niall understood where she was coming from. "he's got a fever of over a 103, we've given him some meds for now. He said he felt like he was going to throw up." Niall explained, adding the last bit so they'd have a higher chance of getting out of work. After a brief pause Janet spoke, "Liam can sit this one out, the rest of you have to do the interview." Niall nodded and mumbled a small alright before cutting the call.  

"good news and bad news" Niall said. "Good news first" Louis asked. "ok good news is that Liam can sit this one out" Niall explained, "and the bad news?" harry asked. "the 3 of us still have to do it, meaning he'll be alone" 

After a couple minutes, Niall helped Liam out of the bath and into fresh pjs. His temperature had gone down to 102. He got Liam to couch and they gave him company till the bus driver said they were outside the interview venue. "we've got to go now Li, you sure you'll be alright here alone?" Niall asked. Liam nodded, and shut his eyes. 

He curled up into a ball and fell asleep only to be woken up by a cold chill washing over him. He got up to get a blanket, seeing that no one else was on the bus. He slowly stumbled to the back, feeling dizzy as soon as his feet touched the hardwood floor. He knew he should lay back down but he was feeling far too cold and far too out of it to register his brain's feverish protests. He saw little black dots starting to take over his vision and blinked rapidly to make them go away. They went away, leaving only the dizzy feeling behind as he took support of the wall to get to the bunks. The dots returned with full force, making him even more dizzy than he was already feeling. Blinking did nothing to help this time and within seconds, everything went black. 

About 20 minutes later, the boys came into the bus expecting Liam to be on the couch where they left him but he wasn't. They got scared but decided. to check the bunks, incase he had moved there. "Harry! Niall! come over quick" Louis called, kneeling down beside Liam. Niall came over and put his hand against Liam's forehead. Niall's eyes widened. "call 911" he said. Harry looked scared as he dialled emergency services. 

A few minutes later the paramedics arrived and checked his blood pressure and temperature before carrying him away. "one of you can come with us" one of the paramedics said and Niall volunteered to go. Liam woke up in the back of the ambulance. "Where am i?" he asked. "you passed out mate, gave us all quite the scare, we're going to the hospital coz we need to get that fever down" Niall explained and Liam nodded, falling asleep. As soon as they reached the hospital, Liam was taken to a private room. They pumped some medicine into his veins through an IV along with a fluids drip to make up for all the water he lost through sweat. 

A couple days later, Liam was back to his old self.