09.

Confessions.

Marquee.

"He's tired, little guy was excited for everything." Xavier mumbled sweetly as I held his supposed nephew, my wolf was already overprotective of the boy, by just holding him and scenting him I could tell the kid was in bad shape but as a wolf pup he was resilient. I had wrapped my head around what Xavier had told me, he was a wolf, he knew about mates, I hadn't expected him to say something like that and so soon, it caught me off guard but I had to be patient with him, he would tell me, I knew that much.

"I can hold him if you're not—." It wasn't intentional but my wolf growled and our mate reeled back. "Okay then, keep your child beta." Xavier chortled as I shifted Jude onto my shoulder where he sniffed a little and got even more comfortable, I loved the feeling of having him in my arms, if only he were mine.

"Are you going to finish that, or to go?" The mate I yearned for asked with innocent eyes that sparkled making my wolf whine in absolute adoration, I thought I was whipped. "To go, its getting late anyway, we should be heading home." I replied with a smile not paying attention to my own words but I didn't care, Xavier was my home. "Okay then." Xavier nodded as he waved for the waiter, as I waited for him to finish I couldn't help but wonder what had forced him to stay hidden all this while, to not be part of the pack.

"Let's go." I announced leading the way back to the car park. "I came with my car and his seat is there, I actually bought a range of stuff, I don't know what I was thinking." Xavier rambled on in his cuteness making me chuckle, oh how I felt like I didn't deserve him but I was grateful to the goddess for him, I would always be. As we got to his car, it was jam packed, maneuvering my body so as to not wake Jude up, we still had a hard time getting him in his car seat. "Here, you can drive." Xavier offered astounding me but I didn't refuse, he drove a beauty, which if I bought myself would put several dents in my bank account.

Silently I drove toward his house and it was fun flexing my arms on the four wheel drive power steering, Xavier was checking them out too, I couldn't resist doing it more. "Why are there four delivery vans by your house?" I questioned a blushing Xavier, I knew there was a thing called over shopping but this was madness. "We might've broke bank but to be fair, my baby deserves it, plus you can't complain, you'll know why soon enough."  He argued making me slump in my seat, I wasn't going to argue.

The garage opened just as I pressed the button in the car, I was also shocked to find the car of my dreams inside. "I knew that car would take a special place in your heart." Xavier teased as he got out of the car, but I just couldn't help look at the Ferrari, it was a Ferrari. "Thank you, have a great day." I heard my mate say as I got out of the car, several men were placing large boxes by the foyer and open area of the house. "That is a lot of unpacking." Xavier whined as he held the door for me and the sleeping boy in my arms.

Xavier quickly got to one box, took several items plus a Captain America  themed blanket and dashed for a playroom down the hall, I followed him there to see him setting the bed for Jude. "Let me guess, he's obsessed with that guy." I grumbled making Xavier chuckle, yeah I would never admit I was jealous, I wanted the kid to see me as his hero. "Don't be jealous, he spent the day with you and didn't want to let go of you, I'm pretty sure he's going to ask for you first when he wakes up." Xavier comforted making me wink his way, he was all I would ever love plus our kids.

We were now alone in the crowded house, it was a lot of stuff. "Why did you inject him with that wolf supplement?" I demanded as we began unpacking, Xavier sighed then looked at me with a sincere smile. "I don't know the outcome after I've told you who I am, but its who I am." He asserted and I nodded taking off my jacket, I had to listen and not jump to conclusions.

"My name is Xavier Amari, I come from the Leigh Pack, well I did come from there, as you might know a rogue alpha decimated that pack, killed everyone and started anew." Xavier explained and each of the pieces were now connecting, I knew about the Leigh Pack and who had destroyed it but also how the new pack formed, the Akari Pack was also gone, so I nodded."Rumor had it that none survived, but I did, alpha Crow spared my life because of some sick pity he felt, so I ran far and fast, when I was on the run I met my closest friend Alvares Heathen, who is now alpha of the Crescent fall pack, but he's another story—." Xavier paused, I knew he was reliving everything so I didn't rush him just listened, and the fact that he knew Heathen shocked me.

"He helped me get to SandBury, helped me hide in plain sight, that's when I came here and you knew me as the kid who had no family and insisted on being alone, its because I was the lone survivor of my pack, I'm the beta's second son but my pack no longer exists, it was just me, but I managed to survive." He paused yet again but this time it was me wiping his tears away, he wasn't alone anymore and I felt horrible for not realizing earlier, it all clicked in my head how Xavier was the way he was, there was a whole legend about the beta family of the Leigh family, the mesmerizing white wolves blessed by the moon.

"Now I know why you never wanted to be part of the pack, having gone through a nightmare like Crow, I would've offed myself, and I commend you for being so brave." I comforted my mate as he let his tears fall, how I never wanted them to fall ever again. "I need to finish—" Xavier sniffled and held my hand firmly. "A few days ago, Alpha Crow was here, I knew he would find me eventually and I thought it was to kill me but I was wrong, my sister also survived his chaos because she was Damien Crow's mate, they had a child together." That's when it hit me, Jude was that child. "So he didn't come to kill you but to—." I stopped as Xavier nodded. "Alpha Crow, he came to give me my son, my sister and Damien are dead, and I know its only a matter of time till Alpha Crow dies since his pack has abandoned him, his enemies have cornered him and want his blood, he didn't want Jude to die because of him so he entrusted my sister's child to me, to care for and love as my own, that's my story." Xavier finished and I pulled him toward me, he didn't resist as I kissed him, slowly and gently, that was my reassurance that I wasn't mad at him not ever for his past.

"My mother always wanted another grandchild, Granger has gotten too old to be spoilt, she'll love Jude and spoil him rotten." I asserted without a doubt shocking my mate, he hadn't expected me to accept Jude, but the moment that child held up his arms to be held by me I knew I would do anything for him. "Thank you so much, thank you Marquee." Xavier cried out more as I held him in my arms but I would never not accept him, he was my mate. "You're my mate Xavier, I would do anything for you, what is yours is mine, what is mine is yours, be it your burdens or your problems, all of it." I reaffirmed my mate who nodded happily, I knew I loved him but I had to say those words with actions that meant it.

Xavier stood up and looked around for his bag, he pulled out a doctor's report and offered it to me, reading it through I realized Jude wasn't at full health as I had thought. "Crow is many things, abusive are his ways also, I'm slowly erasing memories from his mind through our bond but it will take time, for a neglected child even more so." As Xavier explained my wolf growled, how I wanted to rip Crow to pieces, I hoped he died a painful death wherever he was.

"We have a specialist at the pack nursery, I'm sure she can help, and being around wolf pups of his age will help him even more." I offered and Xavier nodded happily with a smile. "I don't know how to repay you." Xavier mumbled as I took his hand in comfort. "He's not your child alone Xavier, a child in the pack is everyone's child but most importantly he's my son too."

+++

LMJ