24.

Rewrite the stars so that destiny becomes yours, and fate follows your lead, its your life, take control and live.

Xavier.

"Good morning doc." I greeted the pack doctor as we entered her office, she smiled deeply those dimples of hers showing. "Xavier, its nice to see you, oh my Jude, you've grown, beta Marquee." She greets us happily as she gestures for us to sit, as Marquee sits down Jude was already on his lap playing with his hair. "Congratulations are in order, may the goddess bless your mating." She exclaims and I smile with a hint of a blush, I hadn't gotten used to being the beta's mate, he was more revered than Cornell, which wasn't surprising since Cornell acted like a teen. "Thank you, I have an appointment today-" I stated trailing off and she lit up immediately. "Yes ofcourse, you asked that we combine it with Jude's check up, I already had his file with me because the check up was a day after tomorrow." She explained and I nodded, I looked at my mate as he was in his own world with his son, you could never tear them apart, where father was, kid was not far behind, Jude would run away from his friends just to be with his papa in his office, inseparable indeed, its why Siena regarded Jude as Marque's firstborn, even if it wasn't by blood, the sentiment always brought a smile to my face.

I fixed my glasses back up a little onto the bridge of my nose, I had opted for loose pants, flat sandals and an even loose top, Marquee thought wearing skin tight or just tight enough clothes would hurt the baby, I wasn't about to argue with him so I just adjusted my wardrobe, luckily I had options. "I've been looking around for that shade of lipstick all over town, I couldn't find it, tell me your secret." The doctor asked as she led us to the examination room. "I actually had to order it online, the overnight shipment wasn't much." I replied and she gawked at me. "Speak for yourself Xavier." She chortled as we both laughed. "I have an extra just send someone over to the store and I will give it to them." I offered and her smile was all the gratitude I needed. "Thanks and if I do send someone I'm guaranteed not to get it, I will pop by your store later and get it myself." She asserted and I chuckled. "Its alright." I conceded as she had me lay on the bed. "So beta Marquee, you weren't curious at all about the pregnancy?" The doctor asked and I looked at him smugly, he had been busy between my legs for that. "I was-very interested its been a wild couple of weeks." He answered as I scoffed, yeah it had been wild, wild with a lot of bending over, which honestly was amazing.

"So let's see where they are?" She stated in a serious tone, she had already gelled my stomach and the wand, happy it wasn't cold. "Okay, focus on the screen, Xavier you're approximately three weeks into your pregnancy and three days from a month, werewolf pregnancies tend to last for six months, the embryo develops faster than in human cases. "You see those three dots - they are actually bigger, those are your kids, you're having triplets." She muttered and the words were stuck on repeat in my head. "Say what now?" I asked and she chuckled. "Three babies, three- triplets, sugar we're having-" I paused to look at my mate who was equally astounded, tears fell from his eyes. "Papa, what wrong?" Jude asks breaking him out of his shock. "Nothing my boy, just- you have three siblings on the way." He smiled happily just as he kissed me, it was gently, a gratitude he expressed with a kiss. "Baby?" Our son asks confused and I opened my arms for him just as Marquee wiped away the gel on my stomach. "Babies sweetheart, you're gonna have three siblings." I finally let it out as my mate hugged us, it felt good, we cried our joy out, and then my mate finally fist bumped the air. "Were having triplets!" I cheered along with him like the crazy people we were. "Oh how precious." The doctor expressed as she showed up in the room again holding a set of pictures. "I thought you might want these, I printed out four copies, if you need anymore -." She offered but Marquee accepted them and they were enough, I wished my mother was here to see her grandchildren, she would be the person I'd give one of these pictures to.

"Wherever they are,they know, and I'm sure they are just as happy as you and I are to have our kids." Marquee comforted as he knew what exactly I was thinking, he always knew what I was thinking, and I loved he was the shoulder I could lean on when I needed him, he was always there. "Thank you." I mumbled as he placed a kiss in my hair and we turned to the doctor. "Your prescription, make sure you take everything on it, having triplets is no different from having one child except you're going to feel like you want to burst and also you'll have several kicks to your bladder, all in all you'll be okay, but to be careful and to make sure the beta doesn't worry, you'll have checkups every three weeks just to check progress." She explained and I nodded enthusiastically, I should be terrified of what she said but somehow I wanted to experience it all, I always wanted to know what it felt like to carry and deliver a life into the world, and now I would with the man I loved.

We quickly waited on Jude's check up, when it was done my baby was completely healthy, and as Marquee got to the pharmacy to get my medication the alpha barged into the clinic or infirmary, I can never get it right, he seemed angry, and as he stalked closer to me Jude protectively stood infront of me to protect me from the angry stomping wolf, he was cute and also brave, taking after Marquee for sure, when Cornell saw Jude glaring holes at him he stopped and his eyes softened. "What the hell!" He yelled and I bit my lip whilst sighing, I knew where this was headed. "A MONTH, NO CALL, NO TEXT, YOU GET ATTACKED, YOU DONT TELL ME NOTHING, WHY!" He yelled and I couldn't help just sigh, he wasn't angry, he was hurt, so I did the only thing I knew best, I hugged him, we stayed like that for a while until we broke apart, he took Jude into his arms and hugged the kid who chuckled because he was being tickled, then he threw himself onto me with another hug, thats when the dam walls broke and he started crying. "You-d-dont tell me anything-I was so worried when the plane landed I drove like a maniac to get here, I know I left and you could take - c-care of yourselves, but-" He cried even harder not even caring that the wolves around us were getting worried. "I should've been here, I swear I won't leave again, I will be here and protect you, all of you." He swore and I felt my heart ache, Cornell felt guilt and hurt for not being here when we were attacked, as alpha its his duty to protect his pack, his family and he wasn't here. "Its okay love-sshh, you're here now, and its okay, smile." I comforted him as he slowly stopped crying, he and I had never been this emotionally connected but Marquee always said that if any person wanted to open up and pour their feelings out, they would come to me, he had been right about that.

"Are you okay?" Jude asked worriedly eyes full of childish understanding. "Yes I am little alpha, your dad here got me." Cornell replied and I felt better knowing he was better. "Why do you have four heartbeats?" Cornell asked after separating himself from me and allowing my son to use him as a wall to climb, hopefully his little curious hands didn't tug on the wrong rocks, last time Kole was kneed in the nuts. "He's pregnant!" Marquee replied with all the enthusiasm coming back, it was obviously going to happen with the amount of sex we had, they started circling me like tribesmen hooting and chanting some awkward phrase, it made me laugh as everyone else looked at them as if they had gone mad, in a way I didn't doubt they had, but they were my crazy wolves.

+++

lmj.