17.

Some truths that need be said.

Xavier.

"It would be nice if you just came out, your scent isn't exactly hidden." Marquee called out growling and indeed I felt them stir, four, no six of them, two outside the house, it wasn't surprising they could hide in here my house was large, what gave any wolf or human away was their scent and for these wolves their stench was unbearable. "Impressive." The voice called out as one by one they came out of hiding and surrounded us, there was no time. "Keep him safe, and his eyes closed-" I instructed
Marquee as I threw the hunting knife in my hand toward one wolf, it went right for his throat, I didn't care if it killed him or not, the other one who was close to him lunged for me, I grabbed the nearest vase and smashed it into his head, he was disoriented but I was quick to act, I punched his head making him lose sense of balance more.

Knowing both Marquee and Jude were in trouble didn't give me the luxury of waiting to see what would happen next, so I lunged for the larger wolf, kicked his ribs, landed an upper cut and when he tried to retaliate with a clawed hand I grabbed it, using his strength I flipped him over onto the tiled floor, not hesitating I straddled him and punched right through his ribs and tore out his heart. "Watch out!" Marquee yelled as a body slammed into mine, we rolled on the ground until I let go and the other taller wolf, a woman, held me by my neck squeezing tightly. "You're an evil little thing aren't you?" She chortled as I knew my eyes glowed their deep green and gold showing I wasn't just an ordinary wolf, she slammed my body into the wall again. "You don't scare me, you should really have found a better way to fight." She taunted but unlike her I was trained by one of the best, I twisted my body in her hold, the fear of death is what keeps us from reaching our potential, do not fear death when you fight, Heathen.

My legs hit her chest and head effectively throwing her off, gasping for air I couldnt dodge her ramming my body into the wall with a spear, using my knees to hit her head and my elbows to draw blood she let go and stumbled back, that was a mistake on her part, with a roundhouse kick I knocked her back, grabbing the knife I had thrown into the dead wolf I lunged for her without a care and plunged the blade into the one thing she must've lacked, a heart. "Three down, where are the others?" I mumbled to myself looking around as five bodies were on the ground, Marquee bloody and Jude despite all the fighting, safe and protected. The silhouette of the lone wolf appeared behind Marquee, I moved just in time to intercept the gun he had aimed at Marquee, he instead shot at the ceiling, we struggled for the gun until I kneed his balls, and punched his teeth out, no one messes with my family. "Throw me your knife." I told Marquee and he threw the blade which I swiftly plunged into the shoulder of the last wolf, he had to give me answers because if he didn't his death wouldn't be quick as the first wolf I killed. "Are you alright?" I ask turning to face my mate who was stunned into silence. "Yea- yeah we're alright." He replies as Jude smiles at me, I wonder what was going through his head, he didn't need all this to get in the way of his perfect kid life, just thinking about being attacked made me angry.

"Can you take him into the kitchen, have a snack, my friend and I need to talk." I asked Marquee who didn't seem thrilled with the idea but when I looked at Jude he nodded immediately, I couldn't don't this with him watching, so when they were away from me, safely in their own little bubble of food, because food makes everything better, I turned back to the groaning wolf. "I hope you have a very good reason for attacking me in my home, the guts to even think you could take on the beta of the pack or even me." I angrily stated knowing what they did might've affected Jude, and I hated it, dragging him to the corner I kneeled down between his injured leg. "So I need answers and you're going to give them because hey, that's why you're here right." I asserted and he groaned. "Good." I pulled out the knife and he screamed, I didn't waste time, waiting for him to become a wailing spirit, I plunged the knife into his leg making him scream again. "Who sent you?" I asked calmly. "What do they want?" I asked turning the knife as it was in the wound making a lot more pain occur. "Please say something." I asked again as I pulled out the knife and sliced into his other thigh. "Don't make me go get the wolfsbane and bathe you in it." I asserted as blotchy red eyes faced me in fear. "Good, tell me what you wanted." I demanded and he nodded. "Silas Korva sent us, he said we should retrieve either you or the boy, alpha Crow owed him money and since Crow is dead his grandson or his former crush would have the money to pay, he knows you're an Amari, you don't exactly swim in poverty like we rogues." The man replied bitterly making me sigh, he was just a soldier manipulated by another wolf in the shadows.

"What does this Silas know about this pack, and how does he intend on getting me now that you've failed?" I questioned one last time as the man swayed, the poison was taking effect. "He doesn't know the pack that much, you were outside pack territory before its why we attacked, if we knew, we wouldn't have and I don't -." He started to cough and blood seeped from his lips, my poison was slow but you died, always. "Xavier-whoa there was a massacre in here." Kole stated as he looked around and at my bloody form. "Beta Marquee sent for us, we'll clean up real quick." He explained and I was glad he had done so but we couldn't stay here, so I walked upstairs, cleaned off as much of the blood as I could, then stuffed clothes into two suit cases, everything I would need, everything else that was precious I locked in the safe, going over to Jude's room I packed another two cases, we weren't going to be around for a while, and he changed a lot so I added an extra bag.

Walking downstairs there was a warrior wolf about to go up the stairs."Please can you get these to the garage through the kitchen." I asked as I handed him three of of the bags, I went up to go get my stuff, I added another bag, I had to be prepared, just because I wasn't in my home doesn't meant I couldn't be sexy or have the tools to turn Marquee on.

"Where are you going?" Marquee asked worriedly making me chuckle. "We are going home, you don't mind do you, staying here isn't exactly ideal with what just happened plus after the clean up I want to have my contractor make a few changes." I explained and the large man was silent as I came down the stairs with him holding the rest of my bags. "You mean, my house?" He asks wanting clarity and I nod. "Yes, where else would we go." I retorted and he was now bursting at the seams. "Oh yes, I was worried there for a second, you meant my house, let's go." He understood making me chuckle but also take the lead. "I wanted this for so long, Jude we are going to my place for a while." He announced as Jude was jar deep in cookies with Kole by his side, they were caught with hands right in the cookie jar. "Yay sleepover!" Jude cheered and I wondered how much he even saw of what happened. "He saw none of it, I told him to close his eyes and count then sing." Marquee explained replying my thoughts and I was more than grateful to him, he was his father after all, he knew what Jude needed just as I did. "Come on let's go, I packed some of your toys, I can come back and get more later." I expressed and he nodded jumping into Marquee's arms, I knew my mate had questions but for tonight, I just needed to cherish having them and being happy.

+++

lmj