06.

Long lost problems & Nephews.

Xavier Amari.

Ever since the night I found out Marquee was my mate, the both of us have been inseparable, he's there at my shop in the morning, at lunch and dinner time to just drive me home or keep me company when I'm going through all the stacks of paperwork that pile on my desk everyday, he's been an an angel in wolf form, if that were possible. It wasn't hard for Linc to let go because of Marquee, I guess they talked and Marquee might have pulled the whole mate card on him to get him to back off, I don't know but I'm glad he did.

"I have to go, I need to do something really quickly, and I think you need a break from all those documents you refuse to let me help with." Marquee exclaims as he stands up from the couch in my office, he had been there since lunch, eaten most of my snacks and lunch, I'm sure he has high metabolism that burns food in three hour cycles, so he needs the food, wolf traits. "I can just finish this tomorrow, I'm tired." I whined as he chuckled and gestured we get out of there. "So I will drop you off by your house?" He questioned and I nodded as I swept my hair back and put on my shoes, I had chosen comfort over fashion.

"Need anything on the way?" I asked as he handed me my bag and phone. "I think I'm supposed to ask that." He teased making me blush. I was used to taking care of people not being taken care of, it was something different for me and I didn't know if my slight co dependency would end. "Yeah, you are and no I don't." I replied as the office was locked, Kale had already locked the safe and cleared the shop before she knocked off so all we had to do was turn on the alarm and lock a few doors.

"Now that is fresh air, breath and see if you don't enjoy it rather than staring at your laptop all day." Marquee teased as I looked at him through my glasses, he chuckled when I didn't obnoxiously inhale the air like he wanted. "For your information, doing all that paper work, keeps people employed and fed." I asserted and he shrugged it off. "Never said it didn't but you can't paper yourself into the ground, we all need some rest." His statement was true, everyone needed rest at some point, even me and even if I was a wolf, I still needed it.

"I agree with you mister Nile, and I will see to it that I rest." I conceded as the large beta hugged me and placed kisses atop my head. "Good boy." He teased with another kiss. Marquee never lacked in affection, he smothered me in his scent every chance he got and I knew it was his wolf clawing to mate but we weren't animals, well partly not animals, we couldn't just jump into bed and do it, there was a lot of ground to cover before that.

In public more so, the beta didn't care if people were looking or not, he wouldn't and won't hold back in affection, at first I thought it was just to make me feel better but I realized that he didn't want to love me in the dark and I reveled in that goodness, I never wanted to be someone's dirty little secret and I wouldn't reduce myself to being one for the sake of a mate, we both would be deserving of better, but Marquee was better.

"Let's get you home bella." He called out opening the door for me, once I was inside he walked to the other side and slid into his car, at first I couldn't handle how large the car was but for someone as large as the wolf beside me, it was perfect. "So I need a favour." Marquee called out demanding my attention, I couldn't help it, I just loved listening to him.

"Granger's birthday is coming up next week, its a day apart from my youngest sister's birthday, as you know my nephew doesn't like celebrating his birthday because of his father but he's turning twenty and I wanted to do something small and intimate for him, could we use your house, that backyard of yours is spectacular." The wolf mumbled his request and at each turn I couldn't help think how cute he was.