14.

Family Guy.

Xavier.

Thanks to werewolf healing and being mated to an impressive beta, the effects of being thoroughly fucked were just lingering now, but the memories remained, it felt natural to want Marquee, to have him hold me, touch me, kiss me, I guess knowing him and never taking the next step made me a bit apprehensive, now that we had butt naked sex in almost all the positions he could put me in and I could switch into, apprehension had turned to want and need, he fit perfectly in my life, like the missing piece. "Morning sweetie." I whisper as we go down for breakfast, Jude was in his Lorax pj's making him look cute with hoodie on. "How was your sleep big boy?" Marquee asked as he walked behind us tickling Jude. "Good uncle Ma—" He burst out laughing again. "Good, now come here." He took Jude from my arms and they began rummaging through my fridge. "Warm water first, yoghurt then breakfast." I instructed turning the kettle on, it would only take a minute so my baby would have his warm water, I knew it helped get more fluids in his body and was a healthy way to start the day, even for me.

"Okay." Jude accepted with a little pout as his uncle was on his second cup of yoghurt, I definitely needed to go shopping for a bigger fridge and groceries. Making breakfast was easy, knowing what the man who was coming for breakfast preferred was not easy, so I brewed my coffee and left it in the press, fried my sausages, made omelettes, added pancakes, along with making large lemon biscuits, an easy recipe that I learned from Kale. "Whoa, which king are you feeding?" Marquee mused as he stood at the table as I set it up. "You ofcourse." I replied pressing a kiss to his lips. "I better be, Cornell would've been good with a cup of coffee and sunny side up eggs." My mate, that felt great to say, chortled as I took out the warm muffins. "Well in this home, those who eat here must leave full." I responded and he chuckled. "What if they are hopeless alphas who can't cook for themselves and they keep coming back." He countered making me chuckle and he raises a brow waiting for me to quip back. "Then I'm sure you'll kick him out." I responded and we both burst out laughing.

"Hello little guy, you look a lot like Xavier." The faint voice of Cornell by the door makes it to my ears and I realize he must've been talking to Jude, how hadn't I noticed he was gone and how in the world wasn't he scared of a large alpha, though to be fair, Marquee was a beautiful man he was also terrifying body wise, he was large just like the alpha, Jude wasn't scared though. "He's my dad." Jude replied making my heart flutter just a bit more, he hadn't known me for long, I had erased memories of his past, a lot of them, was it because of that, that he found it so easy to call me dad. "Oh, that makes sense, where is your da—Marquee my man, you're here, look at you, finally got rid of them heavy blue balls huh—." I stopped listening just then, whatever came after I was sure I did not want to hear it.

"Babe, Cornell is here." Marquee announced as they made it into the dining room. "Good morning Xavier." He gently greeted noticing something was different about me, specifically my scent. "Alpha Cornell, welcome to my home." I replied hugging him and he relaxed in my embrace even though he was the bigger wolf. "Welcome to the pack." He whispered as he let go, I knew I'm the only one that heard it, I smiled as everyone sat down, Marquee next to Jude helping him plate up. "Wow, nice spread, is this all for me, you shouldn't have." He teased making me chuckle. "Never for you mongrel, mine." Marquee pointed out as he waved at the table making all of us laugh. "Sorry to intrude then family guy, all yours." Cornell shot back as he served himself. "Don't be shy, there is plenty." I offered making him smile, there was an unspoken understanding in his eyes, one I could only see, though I knew he had questions, I knew he trusted Marquee so there was no point in doubting me.

"Enjoying the benefits of a mate, my guy you hit the jackpot, Xavier I should set up permanent residence here, your food is great and your house, never seen the inside but damn, great on the inside too." He commented making me blush and I appreciated each compliment, though Cornell seemed like a teenager at heart you could see his maturity. "Told you he would be a permanent guest." Marquee quipped making me laugh, he knew him well. "So you enrolling the kid, which by the way I didn't know you had one." Cornell asserted as we looked at Marquee and Jude in their own little bubble eating, you could swear Jude was born of him. "Its a long story and I know you have questions but thank you for accepting us." I answered and he beamed. "No, thank you, for that, Marquee has always been a loner, waiting for a mate, always dreaming of having kids and look at that, he got two at once, I may not know your story but you're his mate and judging by that mark, I'd say you're going to be in his life, our lives, and the pack for a very long time, which I'm very happy about, I can't wait for the pack to actually see you going around a little less tense, don't get me wrong they loved you before, now they will go crazy." Cornell washed away my worries with his statement, now I know why he was an alpha, he may seem like a teen but there was wisdom in him.

"I appreciate that." I mumbled as we both went back to eating and he began to explain a lot of the things in the pack that he assumed I needed clarity on, and his trip to Sandton Bay. "Speaking about that, when are you coming back?" Marquee questioned. "I don't know, I'm staying there for a week or two, if it gets boring, I'm coming back early." He replied and there was a deep set understanding between the two, without Cornell, Marquee was in charge of keeping the pack safe. "Who knows, maybe you'll meet your actual mate this time." Marquee asserted and the alpha chuckled. "Not getting my hopes up when I already have a successor but let's keep believing." I didn't know what he meant but I'm sure if I got to know Cornell I would know his story aswell. "Enough gloomy and sad, I'm going to have a good time, make pacts that may be beneficial to us in the future, you two will behave and keep the pack safe, like you always do, with that I have to say my goodbye Xavier, it was a lovely breakfast for a long journey, thank you." Cornell concluded and I stood up to hug him. "You're welcome Cornell." I expressed my gratitude as he knelt down to press a kiss in Jude's hair. "Buy yourself candy kid." He whispered handing Jude two hundred dollar notes. "Hey!" Marquee protested. "Yes!" Jude yelled happily and I facepalmed, if this was what I was going to deal with all my life, Goddess be merciful.

"See you in a couple of days!" Cornell yelled walking away from Marquee's  wrath. "Don't spoil my kid!" Marquee yelled back after him as they were outside, how they got there that fast was a mystery to me. "Keep that safe, when you want to buy something you want, you can use it, I will order you a piggy bank later." I instructed Jude as he held the money happily. "Okay." He nodded then ran up the stairs. "No running by the stairs!" I yelled and an okay was yelled back as he was still running, the joy of parenthood. "Hey babe, I need to check things at the pack house and with the wolves, wanna come, we can have lunch later, plus its an opportunity to see the pack pre K." Marquee offered and how could I say no to those puppy dog eyes, they made me cave.

"Fine, but we are walking, Jude and I need the exercise." I asserted and he raised his hands in surrender. "Whatever you want bella." He added and I grinned as he swooped me off my feet, making all my worries wash away.

+++

lmj.