19.

I hate bad guys who are bad at being bad.

Xavier.

Leaving Jude with his granma and Granger was the best possible option we had, I ofcourse worried but if there was anything I knew better than my worry was that Siena was tough and Jude was in the safest hands he could possibly be in. So I focused on our current problem. "Why would anyone trash, or even try rob my store, it makes little sense, the place has unbelievable security." I asserted and Marquee scoffed holding in his amusement. "I think it's this Silas guy, he must be the reason why, maybe trying to rile you up, see how you react and then make a move." My mate replied and it made sense, obviously he couldn't get to me so he's going after what I hold dear. "Well that's stupid, let's recap, he said he wanted money, but I have no qualms with this guy, what money would I offer him when I didn't even know he existed until yesterday." I reasoned and yet again my mate laughed. "What's funny?" I asked frowning and he caressed my cheek. "You're tearing apart the bad wolf's plan, it makes no sense when you dig at it like that but to him, it makes sense, get money from someone who has because their connected to my enemy, glad Alpha Crow is dead by the way." Yes, I was very much happy to know he was gone. "I'm glad too, and also I'm not giving this Silas guy a dime, he better get to working his ass off like the rest of us to get money not try be a gangster wolf." I mumbled with grunt and Marquee burst out laughing again, it was intoxicating, and soon enough we were laughing together.

"Oh you humor me, come, let's see the damage." He asserts as he gets out of the car, before my feet land on the concrete, he was there to help me get out. "Oh my gentle wolf." I teased and he growled reminding me of this morning, oh I was thoroughly satiated. "Hey guys, beta Marquee, nice to see you and your mate." Kale greeted pointedly looking at us, I challenged looking at her with a raised brow and she backed off, I knew I had kept secrets but I wouldn't stand to be judged or her rushing to some weird conclusion without my word, I wasn't expected to explain myself either, Marquee was the only one who deserved that and maybe Siena, she was my friend she would still stay in her lane. I walked toward the entrance, one side of the double doors had been completely shattered the other hanging by its hinges, walking in further traces of wolf scents were in the air bit fading. "They are several wolf scents in here, they go out back, one is slightly stronger than the others, a rogue alpha it seems." Marquee explained as I realized what he was saying was right. "Just great, a rogue alpha is threatening me." I mumbled bitterly, ofcourse Crow would leave me his problems. "Hey, hey, it's okay, we'll work it out, don't worry." His soothing comfort made all the worry and doubt wash away, he had a way in handling me and I appreciated it so much.

"Let's check the safe." Marquee suggested and we walked into my office, most of the furniture was trashed but the importan stuff wasn't in there, just a few client papers and transactions. "I'm gonna need to ask this, and I know it might offend you but how much do you own and how much is everything worth?" Marquee questioned as I found the latch that opened the wall to where the safe was. "I'm not offended, including the estate and resort, the investments, I'd say one hundred and fifty million." I replied and his jaw dropped then he he walked over mouth closing. "I used to joke with Granger how you might be crazy rich but now its not so crazy." He exclaimed making me chuckle. "Come on, the Nile bank accounts aren't exactly low in funds." I retorted and he nodded. "Well you're right I guess." He concurred making both of us laugh, I was glad I had that part of our conversation done with, it didn't exactly sit well with others when I spoke about net worth. "Everything is accounted for." I called out holding a list of all the precious pieces big and small, they hadn't found the vault and hopefully never would. "That's good, let's figure out a way to clear the place out and get repairs done, I know a guy, he can place better locks." He offered making me grin, I loved how he took initiative, it removed the feeling of having to do everything on my own he was here, he was helping. "Okay call them, I need to check with Kale if anything is missing from our other stock that I hadnt completely processed." I answered my mate, he leaned down pressing a kiss to my lips before we separated and got to work. "Kale, anything missing?" I asked the girl as she and her mate were cleaning up, he help with deliveries from time to time. "No, except a painting you hadn't processed from the last auction but other than that, nothing." She replied handing me her list. "By the way you two suit each other." She whispered as my large beta waved at me, goddess be damned when she made Marquee she was sculpting an angel, our kids would be beautiful that was for sure.

"Ronny, I appreciate the help to clean up, I will pay ofcourse when we're done, find me." I asserted looking at Kale's mate who nodded immediately, I was planning on expanding the store, that meant more space for stock, extra full time hand was needed, I had been thinking over the offer to buy the store next to us, now with what happened, the option was viable. "Hey babe, can you get Granger to come here- or maybe wait, I can do it at home, if Jude has sugar rush Siena will be spinning." I realized two people were better than one as Marquee just laughed beside me. "Alright, what's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" He asked and I beamed a smile that had him leaning down to kiss me, how I loved those kisses. "I was thinking of expanding, the offer from the owner next door is still there, why not take it, also hiring Ronny, he's been my part time hand and now he'll be full time." I explained in vague detail but I knew he understood. "Good, thats a project I'd like to help in and also invest in, our kids need trust funds after all." He replied hugging me and making me freze in that hug. "Kids?" I asked and he nodded. "How many more?" I added he hummed thoughtfully. "Maybe five more." He offered and I felt a bit dizzy, goddess have mercy. "Okay then." I accepted and he grinned that boysish smile making me swoon, I'd have ten kids if he wanted with how good he gave it to me, but the prospect of kids together was the one thing I absolutely loved.

"I will talk to all the people later let's just clean up here." I stated as we parted. "Sorry to interupt the clean up." The voice wasn't gently at all, it was callous and cruel,I immediately knew he was Silas, just by his presence. "Before you step any further and lose your head, state what you want." Marquee growled as he faced Silas, I didn't wait to be told, I backed off, when wolves clashed, blood was spilt. "I'm not here to fight, oh no, I'm here to tell you the error you made." Silas retorted as he pinned up his suit and checked the cuffs like a business man. "Then what exactly do you want?" Marquee asked and Silas pointed directly at me. "Your lovely mate, to pay the dues that were left by his predecessor." Silas shocking me and the rest of those behind me. "You won't get him to do anything." My mate replied as he held my hand. "Oh I will but not today, it seems you need convincing." Silas asserted as he scoffed and turned to walk away, that went in a way I never expected, he walked over to a car and got in then it drove away, I knew his statement meant something and I wouldnt put it past Silas to get what he wanted, I had to be prepared, but I wouldn't stop living my life, I would face him when he wanted to face us.

+++

lmj