10.

Hope.

Xavier.

Despite my rather heartfelt and late confession, Marquee hadn't changed, he still believed we could work, that he loved me and because of that I loved him more than I ever did before, and I appreciated how he accepted Jude, it was hard for others to accept children who weren't theirs to be part of their lives but he had accepted Jude and I was grateful for it, how could I repay him, nothing could repay that kindness.

Checking on dinner I turned to my nephew rather son who wouldn't put the game console down, I knew buying a play station was going to be the end of normal play time but for Jude I would still hover around, he had played with the action figures, the cars on the track and then took a nap only to wake up and play with the console. The doorbell rang and I checked one last time before going to answer it, the scent of a female wolf wafted into my nostrils before I even opened the door, when I did open a woman with long chocolate brown hair and a sweet smile stood there, what stood out about her were her glasses, their detailing was impressive, she had the sophisticated look of a doctor.

"Good evening, Xavier, I'm Doctor Tess, but for you Tess is alright with me." As she introduced herself I realized she was from the pack nursery, on request from the beta, my mate. "Please come in." I offered and she walked in with a smile, closing the door behind me I felt rather peaceful, there was nothing hostile about her, only a motherly nature. "I must say your house is beautiful, and so are you, beta Marquee is lucky to have you." The compliment made me blush and I waved it off gesturing for her to follow me.

"Thank you, but I actually feel lucky to have him, water, juice?" I offered and she picked the juice. "So I'm sure you know why I'm here, before I start treatment with Jude, I needed to assess the environment he's living in, anything negative that might influence or trigger him." She explained after taking a sip of her juice and I nodded in understanding. "Alright then, no need to remove him from his game, if you don't mind could you give me a tour of your house and where Jude spends most of his time." She exclaimed and I nodded getting up from my seat.

"Follow me, Jude mostly spends time in the playroom, I had to rearrange a few things but this is how it ended up, he asked if he could learn piano and I gave him his first lesson today, he's coming out of his shell the more he experiences a non oppressive environment where he's free to want what he wants, and with most memories of the abuse not being in his mind anymore, he's getting better." I toured the house and explained to the doctor as we got upstairs.

"Impressive, I've heard about wolves who can manipulate the mind but not to the extent of removing memories." She commented and I knew I had to further explain. "The older the wolf the harder it is to do, my family was hated among the wolves of my pack because of our rare ability to the point where only my father and brother were the only ones who did it,I learned on my own, for Jude its easier aswell because we are of the same blood, a stronger connection, so when he sleeps I mind dive per say and take away the evil, its a secret few know, and I'm hoping you'll keep it Tess." I asserted and the woman nodded particularly fascinated by my story.

"This is his bedroom." I knew Tess was stunned by the room but my son deserved it, it was spacious had a large closet and its own bathtub and separated shower. "You've certainly gone past my expectations, his environment is perfect, we can begin treatment whenever you feel he's ready, but I do suggest you enrol him at the pack day care and preschool, one heals more with those of his kind around him than less of them, and I don't mean to diminish your efforts." She explained and quickly corrected but I knew Jude needed friends, I just had to get rid of the last negative memories before he can fill in the space with beautiful ones. "Its alright Tess, I just want what's best for him." I responded as we got back down to my overly large kitchen according to Marquee and Granger.