22.

Death awaits you.

Xavier.

The make shift masks I had made were off our faces, I could see my mate clearly now, his face was bruised but most of it would heal, light scarring but that only made him even more sexy. "Are you eye fucking me in the middle of danger?" He questioned with a tease and my cheeks burned with embarrassment. "I appreciate your love and lust but baby we need to get out of here." He stated just as the door keeping us safe was assaulted by a barrage of bullets. "We really need to get out, and I'm sorry." He desperately put across just before I could ask him why he was sorry, a blade pierced my flesh, blood gushed out as I held my teeth together refusing to scream my pain, skillfully he took out the first bullet, cut a little deeper and took another one out. "Just one more baby, hang on." He soothed as he cut into my leg again, the spot had healed over with the bullet inside and he quickly pulled it out, my leg was officially cleansed of metal. "There you go." He kissed me making me forget the pain, as he bit down on my lip. Shamelessly I mewled and moaned, not caring we could die at any moment.

"Better?" He whispered and I nodded. "Better." I reassured as I stood up and limped to the wall, we need to tear a part of the wall down, there is a door and a small tunnel that leads to the flood shelter near the trees outside." I explained and Marquee nodded just as the other barricaded door began to give way, they were bombarding it with bodies now, I quickly pushed the washer and drier toward the door and added them as barricades. "My love, you might want to hurry, they are flushing in smoke." I called out to Marquee who groaned in response as his large fists hit the brick wall, I didn't mean to be a little depraved horny wench but watching those arms flex, with those huge tattoed muscles, anyone in my place would be drooling.

"Got it!" He cheered as the wall came down and the door was revealed, quickly I grabbed masks that I kept in the basement whenever I handled chemicals and gave one over to Marquee, we slowly made it past the brick wall, the floor was damp and cold but that didn't mater, we had to escape a psychotic wolf bent on owning me as if I were a pet, my mate broke the door handle, he pulled out a torch for me and him from the utility belts he took from the dead wolves, it was a one way walk but the problem was, the floor was old and wrong steps led to being impaled by old wood. "Let's go." Marquee took my hand and we hurriedly walked over to the other door at the end of the tiny tunnel, it was tiny because my mate fit inside if he stood shoulder to shoulder with the wall. "Stop." He mumbled and just as I was about to ask what was wrong he grabbed me and we rolled on the wood flooring just as where we were standing gave way breaking down into the muddy ground below, also the barricaded door was finally giving way and we had to hurry. "Thank you." I whispered as my mate lay on his back holding me protectively in his arms. "You're my mate, I'd die for you." He replied gently leaning up to kiss me, which I returned eagerly with a moan. "Now if you dont want us to get caught in this damp place whilst I ram your sweet tight ass into the wall, I suggest we go." He teasingly mumbled making me blush, I quickly got off him and we made our way to the door quickly, he rammed his upper body onto the door which gave way on the first try.

The shelter was devoid of anything except a little light swaying wildly in the middle of the room giving little light for us to actually see but that didn't matter, wolves had better sight in the dark, it didn't matter, they adjusted perfectly. "No one has been in here for a while." Marquee commented as he looked around at the dusty shelves and rickety furniture. "Never has been a flood or hurricane, it was built just in case and that helped us." I replied and he hummed whilst his eyes glazed over, I knew he was talking to the pack wolves, as Marquee was occupied an explosion rocked the entire area, oh for the love of the Goddess, this man was too ambitious, didn't he take a hint when he wasn't wanted or the people he was chasing didn't want to be caught, he was destroying my house in his petty rampage. I quickly shut the door and placed several locks, dragged the old rickety furniture and placed it by the door, hopefully it would hold long enough for us to figure out a plan. "You can't run forever, and have you forgotten, wolves love the chase." Silas called out making a chill creep up on my skin, he was right wolves loved the chase, wolves in paramilitary gear loved the chase to kill, I was sure these wolves were chasing us for revenge, we had killed several of their mercenary buddies.

"Kole is here, they took care of the rogues, apparently they were in black, but he explained how it felt like a diversion so he was trying to get a hold of me, but the link wouldn't go through so he contacted mom who told him what was happening, they have the house surrounded, all we need to do is get out, make a bee line for the tree line, we regroup and attack when they come out of the house or tunnel." My baby daddy explained through our link, it was best to be cautious since the wolves on the other side could hear, suddenly the bolted doors which led to the stairs outside were yanked away. "Are you guy- never mind you look like crap." Kole addressed us both as he hugged me and my relief to see him was just that, relief, over the time I lived with Marquee he and I had gotten close, he was also Jude's best friend, besides his papa whom he did everything with, Kole was the one who did all of it with him, they even went bungee jumping which I broke his legs for but I still loved him.

We got out as the night sky greeted us, made a bee line for the tree line and once there I sighed in relief. "Did you bring it?" Marquee asked Kole who gave the signal to some wolves who came over to us and showed us cannisters and what I knew was the flash grenades. "We got as many undamaged as we could and brought them like you said, what's your plan?" Kole asserted as they all gathered around. "Surround the house, they were trying to flush us out with smoke we are going to blind them with it, most of their gun power was used on the barricade in the basement door but be careful there still maybe a few with loaded guns, after surrounding them, we drop the flash grenades then the smoke will cover us and we attack, be careful." Marquee explained the plan, not with his mouth but in his mind, best to be cautious.

I stuck to him as the others surrounded the house, I wanted to face Silas and watch him die, so we waited. "They are coming out, now." Kole ordered as several grenades went off along with smoke bombs, that's when the attack started, I could only hear cries of pain and the crunch of bones crushed, Silas should've known not to mess with the Hollow Creek Pack, they weren't forgiving to wolves who attacked with or without reason. As the smoke cleared gunshots rang out in the air as Silas and two out of the many wolves he had brought stood by his side, a shifted wolf from the pack tackled one of the men dragging him back into the smoke where it appeared a minute later with a bloody snout, he definitely killed that man, more shifted wolves were going around killing and making sure that the ones they presumed were dead were actually dead by tearing out their throats or crushing it completely.

"What did you think Silas, you would win this." Marquee called out as he aimed a gun at me, before he could shoot the shifted wolf from before pounced on the man guarding his back whilst I pulled a gun from one of the utility belts and shot him several times, Marquee and I walked over to him and watched as he groaned on the ground. "You should've stayed away from me Silas." I exclaimed as he chuckled. "You think I'm the only one who'll come for you, that boy's father had a lot of enemies, they will come for him, I may have lost but someone will get to him." He choked out and Marquee growled and I backed away as he shifted. "I will protect my pack, my family, my son from all those who try and hurt him." He proclaimed to all of us and I realized, it wasn't him, it was his wolf. "My friend, death awaits you, and you'll be an example to those who would even try attack this pack." Kole whispered as he looked down at Silas just as Marquee's large dark wolf pounced on him, thrashed him like a rag doll them tore him limb from limb, now I knew why he was known as The Cannibal.

After the whole killing of stragglers, I was just about ready to pass out, Marquee and I stood by the car bloody, I was in his embrace, wanting his heat to get rid of all the fear I felt when we were in there being chased, and also this was a good time as any to say it. "Babe." I whispered and he hummed. "Remember that first time we had sex and those other times we had sex without me on the pill." I mentioned and his body grew a little rigid with tension. "Yeah, best night time or day time carnal satisfaction we've had." He replied groping my ass. "Well, uhm, you see babe, we're pregnant."

+++

lmj