18.

Making Sense Of Everything.

Xavier.

"Its gonna be okay." Marquee reassured me as he got into the car, I was still shaken because of the attack and the wolves I had just killed, because my family was in danger, I had easily been unhinged and killed them, I didn't regret it but I knew I could have killed them in a less bloodier way, I had opted to let Marquee drive, it felt way more natural to just let him take the lead and I sat back and leaned on him to help me through it, he was the strong one now. "I hope so." I whispered looking at Jude who had fallen back asleep after Kole said his goodbyes and he was safe in his car seat.

Well we should get going, Kole will clean up, and I showed him how to lock up, he also said the patrol is doing a double shift checking where the wolves would've gotten in from and if any others were attacked." My mate explained as I leaned into his warmth. "Okay." I mumbled as sleep was currently pulling me in, aided by my mates warmth. "Hold on there love, its not that far." I heard my mate assure as he drove, I knew he was rushing since all of us were tired and we needed the rest, I was silent as he drove, my mind reeling from what I had gone through and also trying to figure out who Silas was, I didnt know him, I didn't want to know him, he was trouble waiting to happen and I couldn't afford trouble right now, I wanted peace, I wanted to fall into a routine, enjoy my family, and not another complete mess.

"We are here." My man whispered as he gently shook me awake. Lowering the window I looked at Marquee's house, double story mid georgian era styling, somehow the house itself seemed to have character that drew you in, much like the wolf who lived there himself. "Come, I will get the bags once you're settled inside." He informed as he opened the door for me, Jude was already in his arms making me smile, we walked the small stone path toward the front door where he punched in the code and the door unlocked. "Welcome home, its a bit of a bachelor pad and please excuse the slight mess, I left in a hurry last time." Marquee apologized as he led me into his house, it was something somewhat personal, all this time we had just stayed at my house, he had even semi moved in there, the need to see this part of him never came, the house felt homey, though the colours definitely were for a bachelor pad, grey appliances, black surfaces and white panels.

True it was messy but I couldn't find it disgusting rather artistic and it made me chuckle, living together had changed him, even if it had happened naturally. "This can be Jude's room for the time being." He explained opening a door with light blue coloured walls and light furnishing to give it character. "You can go get the bags, let me tuck him in." I offered placing a kiss on Marquee's lips before he placed dozed off Jude on the bed and I removed most of his clothes so he would sleep a little better, my poor baby had a long day. My mate walked in with his bags and set them down by the closet, I would unpack later, we left him sleeping and the door slightly open. "Our bedroom." The beta said with a cheeky grin making me mischievously look at him. "Come on, we need to shower and rest." He stated pushing me into the master bedroom, it was cleaner than I expected but what stuck out was the portrait of me taking almost the whole wall. "Before you ask, its not creepy, I had it placed not too long ago, I wanted you to see it after our lunch date but now is good a time as any." He exclaimed making me giggle but also be mesmerized by the sight of me. "Its beautiful, thank you." I mumbled and he held me tightly in his embrace, I needed it, I needed to feel that safety he radiated.

"We shouldn't talk about it right now, let's talk about it tomorrow when the day is new and we get to breathe better, let me wash you." He stated leaving no room to complain or argue, we made our way to the bathroom, it was definitely large enough for both of us, I let him strip me down, chuckled when he pressed kisses to my body, this was love, this was being appreciated, he didn't want to do anything intimate except just hold me when everything else doesn't seem to make sense. Slowly he bathed me in the bubbly bathtub filled with warm water, it soothed my aching body, in the process he checked for any injuries I might've gotten, I didn't protest, I deserved this, he was my mate, I was equally his as he was mine, so I reciprocated and washed him, after drying up and light lotioning we fell into bed. "Sleeping naked again?" I questioned and he snickered. "I have you don't I, why sleep in any restricting clothes." He retorted making me snort, but it was a habit I'd never tell him to break, because on occasion, we didn't need clothes in the way. Sleep lulled me in as a strong heartbeat hammered away beneath me, I was safe, I would always be safe with him.

Sleeping with my mate either under me, next to me, or on top of me, was something I'd never regret, it felt good. "Hmm, good morning." Marquee whispered as he sniffed my hair, I knew it was wolf tendencies, I liked his scent too. "Good morning and oh- good morning you too." I replied just as his manhood hard as a rod brushed against my thigh. "Ignore it." He chided but how could I. "I'm trying to but its so big." I replied and I could've sworn my mate puffed his chest in pride, ofcourse he would be proud. "Just let me hold you." He whispered but I didn't want to be held. "Sugar -" I moaned inciting what I knew was a grunt just as I stroked his shaft, it throbbed to life and I turned to face him. "Quickie?" He murmured just as I threw away my loose boxers and everything else was history.

"Good morning baby." I greeted Jude as I slightly limped into his room, the shower and healing had done much to help but a quickie didn't end up a quickie and the beta pounded me till all I saw was stars instead of the sun. "Morning dad, I'm hungrwy." He whined as he flopped onto my lap, lazily hugging me. "Ofcourse you are, but first toilet, freshen up, brush your teeth and then we'll make breakfast, your favourite." I instructed and we both made our way to the adjoined bathroom, it was easy to get him ready, though he was pretty intelligent for his age, there are things he still couldn't do himself. "Come on." I offered to carry him and he held up his arms. "Where is uncle-." Before he could finish the man appeared by the stairs. "Right here buddy." He assured as we all got down for breakfast. "Oh my children you're alright." Siena suddenly exclaimed wrapping her arms around us all. "I heard what happened from Kole, so Granger and I went to your house, that nice girl Kale and her mate over there told us you were here, I was so worried, Granger, bring the cake and pastries!" She explained whilst Granger showed up with an array of containers.

"I was planning on coming to give you these, at lunch, Jude seemed to love them, even Marquee does at his age." She explained as Granger helplessly asked to be saved from the torture. "You shouldn't have Siena." I reprimanded and she shushed me. "Nonsense Xavier, I have every right to spoil the boy, come Jude." She retorted and Jude practically leapt into her arms grinning, yeap she was going to spoil him till the day he died. "I'm glad you realized it now, you can't do anything." Marquee chortled making both of us laugh, I prepared breakfast for everyone, it made me happy, getting that feeling of home, with family.

"Babe, Kale called." Marquee announced gaining our attention, I didn't mind him using my phone rather encouraged it, I hated it at times, all the never ending calls. "Yeah, she say anything I like?" I asked jokingly but my mate's expression wasn't happy. "We need to go to the store, someone broke in." The hell.

+++

Vote - Follow - Share Comment

lmj