25.

Become an In-law.

Love is something worth celebrating, and what better way than with family and the people who would do anything for you, its fulfilling.

Xavier.

I knew he was hiding something from me, I just knew it, how I knew it, was because we had gone into the city all day, ate, shopped, enjoyed the day to be honest, all the while he was checking in on something, not on his phone but his mind, I knew he was talking to someone, even when he hid it, I could tell, also it was Cornell's abrupt leave, when we left the clinic he announced he had something to do and he was gone, I didn't think of it being suspicious until just now, he was nervous, and for Marquee that was alarming, Granger and Kale had oddly locked up on time, which they never did, and Ronny was nowhere to be found, they gave me a lame excuse but I didn't care since I was spending time with my sugar papi and our son, when it came to them, nothing mattered. Jude was in the back, in his seat worn out, he had mild sugar rush plus Marquee set him loose on on everything he wanted and he accused me of spoiling him, the hypocrisy.

He did it again, as we drove toward home, I yearned for it each day, though I wasn't exactly thrilled with going to my old house when the construction for Marquee's house had to begin, I was anxious with everything that happened and I wasn't exactly ready to admit that living in our current home was what I craved, it was so good, for my soul and for our family, but our family was growing, they needed their own space when one day they became their own people. "Still asleep?" He asked looking back at Jude and I nodded. "Home." He whispered as he drove onto the walkway but not into the garage, his heartbeat had quickened, what was wrong. "What's wrong, your heart is literally leading the drums of war right now." I asked with a chortle and he just smiled. "Its nothing." He mumbled as he got Jude and then opened the door for me, I wasn't allowed to do it myself because he wanted to do it, he was my man, it was his right, he ranted about it for an hour, I didn't do it again unless I was driving alone, which will never happen for the next eight months, you would think it would last till after the birth and I was free, nop, I had to endure two more months because the babies would be too young and I hadn't healed properly, his mother more so helped in the divising of their evil plan, Siena, I love you but the hell.

"Have I told you that you look absolutely scrumptious with your glasses on, like a sexy secretary, we should definitely get you an outfit and some lace, and see just how I can bend you over my desk at the office." He teases whispering in my ear and each word made my cheeks flush red. "Naughty man." I smacked his large bicep, he was holding a living recorder for the love of all that is good, Jude picked up words easily and I didn't want him to pick up on his naughty word streak. "What, I'm just telling you, how I would love to—." He went on but I stopped him as the door opened, the large and small letters littered everywhere which said the same thing that made my eyes burn with tears. "Marry me." I whispered turning to face him, he was on one knee holding one the biggest rock I'd ever seen.

"Xavier, the man I dream of, day dream of, even jack off to—." He chuckled making a goofy face. "You spent years in hiding because of the cruelty wolves who couldn't cherish you put you through, then in a twist of fate, I met you, I loved you the moment I saw you, and every time I tried to say something I got tongue tied, I was whipped but the goddess had me learn who you were first before she made my dream come true, you trusted me, allowed me into your life and each day I fell in love with you, its hard to think who I would be and who I would be with without you because ever since I saw you, I knew you were the one, I had to have you—." He paused as tears now fell from my eyes. "All I'm trying to say is, I'd die for you, I would bring down the moon for you if you asked because I'd do anything for you, I know you feel me in your heart, I know you see me in your dreams too, and I know you keep me in your prayers so I want that for the rest of our lives because without you, our son, and our babies on the way, there is no me, so will you marry me?" He asked as I nodded furiously, how could I say no with that speech.

"He said yes!" Marquee screamed as he twirled around both me and our son. "He said yes!" Siena screamed as everyone came out from different hiding spots in the house surprising me. "You're becoming an official in-law, yay!" One of Marquee's sisters cheered as she hugged me, I also joined her in cheering. "You're getting married, I can call you uncle now without it being weird!" Granger cheered and everyone burst out laughing. "EVERYONE HE SAID YES!" I heard Cornell yell outside as wolf whistles and cheers echoed again outside. Everyone was mingling with the small crowd outside who were celebrating our engagement. Marquee pulled me aside to Jude's playroom and I smile as I kiss him to show him how much I loved his surprise, it was intimate enough and he also accommodated everyone so that we didn't need to announce it again to everyone.

"So this is what you were planning?" I asked and he winked at me mischievously. "I know you would have hated an ordinary will you marry me, so I thought about making it memorable, a bit of intimacy then let everyone else enjoy the moment with us, I know how you wanted your family to be here at moments like this but they couldn't be here, so Cornell and my mother called the pack members you helped all over the city and my family which is now your family future mister Nile, and we celebrated this moment together." He explained as for the hundredth time that day I cried, he had been so thoughtful, and I felt such love and respect for him, because he put me first. "I also dont want you to think I did all this just because you're carrying our kids, I genuinely wanted this and so I played around with our schedule and it would get you out the house long enough for the surprise to be set up, I want this, all of it but mostly you." He muttered his explanation making me laugh but all I could see was the man I would do anything for he was more than I deserved but I thanked the Goddess for him, I would never lack in love, adoration or respect, he was all mine, my sugar daddy.

"Come, Cornell wants us to meet someone officially." Marquee informs me and I nod whilst hopping onto his back, he could never break a sweat with me on his back, for some odd reason he liked carrying me there, I was his baby. "So do we let your mom and your sisters handle Jude, he's obviously on sugar rush again." I chortled as Jude was running around with Kole hot on his heels, both were shirtless and Granger was looking at Kole like I look at tripple fudge chocolate cake with a side of an ice cream sunday, there was definitely a connection there but I would poke and prod later, right now I would let him undress Kole all the way on his own. "Body shots!" I yelled and Marquee looked at me with narrowed eyes and I shrinked back into the tight ridges of muscle in his back, today was my day to enjoy with a pack that was family and my likely crazy in-laws.

+++

Vote - Share - Comment - Follow

lmj