12.

Loving At Home.

Xavier.

I wasn't good at loving someone, well I can't say I ever truly knew how it felt, I barely had love in my life and I've been hidden away for the most part, I've had flings yes, but they never stuck and I was never the guy for whoever swooned over me at that time, it only ended in getting into bed with me and I always evaded, I wanted my first to be someone I knew I would never regret, someone who would cherish me, for what I was worth in all of what I gave. Marquee made it seem easy, simple, as if I was breathing, him being gone for a week made me feel distant from even myself, I just wanted him because I felt whole when he was around, and not even sexually, he just made me feel, complete, having him in my life was impacting me in a lot of different ways, I welcomed it, it made me better.

His stormy eyes looking at me made me shiver, his slight stubble tickled me and his large frame made me feel somewhat safe as he stood next to me or behind me to tease me on how short I was but he loved me anyway, I could just tell or just feel it. "So how was your week, I know we talked but it didn't feel enough?" He inquires as he places the shepherds pie in the oven. "It was tiresome but I loved it all the same even if I missed you, Jude will be enrolled at the pack house preschool next week, I wanted him to be around kids his age and be safe at the same time aswell." I replied as we began chopping veggies, well I was chopping and he was eating them. "Does that mean you're okay with the pack knowing about us and everything else?" He asked hesitantly but I had wanted to reassure him this whole week so I nodded. "The pack is your family and I know that I'm not being fair in trying to hide us, it makes it seem as if I'm ashamed of being with you, which I'm not at all." I reply with as much reassurance as I can muster, and it was true, Marquee was one of the most beautiful men that I've ever met, who wouldn't feel special being with him.

"Are you sure?" He asks taking my hands away from the board and into his larger ones. "I am, truly I am, I want this, I want you and I deserve this, we deserve this, I want to cherish every moment of us together." I assert as he smiles and I lean upward to meet his lips in a kiss that takes my breath away, goddess he was a good kisser. "Does that make you realize that I'm serious, that I do want you." I press on with a chuckle and he leans down again to kiss me and I moan into the kiss. "Now it does, plus-" He smacks my cheek making me blush. "There is a kid in the room, no sounds." He whispers the rest making me chuckle as I pull away and begin again making the salad. "Uncle Marquee what does this say?" Jude asks coming to stand next to Marquee who turns his attention toward him, they looked so in sync, Marquee loved children you didn't need him to tell you that, I now believed it and seeing him with Jude so naturally made my heart feel a little more at ease, I would never need to worry about the two of them they could take care of each other.

"Babe, you didn't tell me our kid was this smart, he's already learning to read whilst when I was at his age, mud was breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with playing in the woods." Marquee comments making me burst out laughing, I hadn't expected that at all. "At his age, I was doing the same as him, we are more alike with each thing I learn about him." I reply with a look that makes my mate coo at me. "Stop it." I smack his large bicep and he engulfs me in his large arms, how I felt so loved in them, luckily I was done with the salad when the timer on the oven went off, the pie was ready. "Jude honey come sit for dinner, love, you too." I exclaimed and both of them came to sit at the table, the feeling made me smile, we were a family and somehow I realized that for a long time I had wanted this but hiding had just made me yearn for it but never truly reach out for it, I was happy to have it now, and no matter what I would fight to have this family of mine. I served Marquee then Jude, along with myself, there wasn't a lot of chatter mostly moans because of how the food was delicious. "Bella this is so good." Marquee claimed making me smile happily trying to hide the blush, his compliments always made me blush. "Yeah, it is, can I have more?" Jude asks and I plate up more food for him, his appetite had grown over the short time he'd been with me but he was healing and progressing exponentially and I was happy to feed him a whole five course meal if it meant he was going to eat just like a wolf and grow to be strong and capable.

"Cornell wanted to meet you, along with my family, he's leaving for Sandton, so I will tell him to come by tomorrow and then maybe after I can properly introduce you to my family, your mother in law first, she's been clawing to meet you." Marquee states and I'm not surprised that his family wanted to meet me so badly, even the alpha, they wanted to share our happiness, and that made a pang of guilt hit me, I felt selfish for keeping us secret, there was nothing I could do now to make it right but I could make things better for the future. "The alpha can come for breakfast in the morning before he leaves, and we can do a sunday lunch and dinner with your family, if you want, that way they can meet Jude aswell, we can do it here." I offered and his eyes already shined with excitement. "You hear that my boy, you'll be meeting your granma soon." Marquee announced happily to Jude who was wrestling with his steak. "I have a granna?" He asks and I'm surprised that it sounds less sad but rather excited. "Yeah, my mother, she's been wanting to see you, spoil you, babysit you, all the things granmas do with their grandkids, Granger is too old to spoil now." Marquee stated with a gleam of excitement that poured onto Jude and he stood up to yell. "Yay grandma!" Oh dear goddess, I hope Marquee's mother knows the storm headed her way.

We finished dinner going over different topics and so many jokes, as I cleared out and began to wash the dishes Marquee was with Jude playing in his playroom, I had it furnished. "He's asleep." My mate announces as he stood by the door, his frame taking most if not all the space making me chuckle. "Want to bathe him, he's not fussy when he's drowsy, you just have to make it quick and I will be up there for his bedtime story about the direwolves." I replied lowly enough and once I was finished my love was already by the stairs headed for whatever room he would guess was Jude's, he was a wolf, he'd figure it out.

I went back to the sink to clear out and suddenly my senses screamed at me, someone was outside watching the house, focusing on the sounds outside I could feel them, hear their breathing, wolves, the patrol, but I wasn't in pack territory unless, Marquee. My thoughts eased as I realized what he could've done, it made me chuckle, I should've been mad but I was impressed, the lengths he would go to make sure I was okay made me love him just a little bit more.

I finished up quickly only to find both my boys asleep on Jude's bed. "Hey sweetie." I whispered as Jude stirred a bit in his covers. "Goodnight dad." He mumbled making my heart beat just a little faster. "Goodnight my love." I added as I caressed Marquee's cheek and we made it out of Jude's room silently.

"I should go." He asserts as we sit by the small couch in my bedroom. "Or you could stay." I stated making my intentions obvious by lifting his sweater and helping him remove it.

+++

lmj