Chapter 9: The Date

Drakes POV

"Your ready for your date big guy," Prez asks me while I walk into the common room. "Yeah I just hope she doesn't run to the hills when I ask her about being a spy for a week," I say rolling my eyes at the end. "She won't, don't worry," Emma says walking into the room. "Look at the time I have to get going," I say trying to quickly get out of this conversation. I decided to take my truck seeing as I don't know if she'd be ok on my motorcycle.

Time Skip- At Aniya's House

I can't believe I'm being lectured by a two-year-old. I just got told to not touch my own date by a two-year-old. But I have to admit it's adorable how Kai's so protective over his mom. "No touch mama without her permission," Kai says finally finishing his list of rules for our date. "Ok buddy I won't touch your mama without her permission," I say patting his head. "It's time for me to go buddy your gonna spend your night with Miss Edna," Aniya says before hugging Kai and putting him down in front of her neighbor's door.

Time Skip- At the restaurant

"So Aniya how long have you lived in Atlanta for," I ask looking at the menu. She looks up from the menu before saying "I've been living here for about 6 months now, I used to live in CA before though." "Why did you move from CA if you don't mind me asking," I say finally choosing something from the menu. "Relationship troubles," she says, her face morphing into an unreadable expression. After that question Aniya started acting weird, she stayed quiet and only gave me clipped answers when I asked more questions. "So umm...  have an important question to ask you," I say rubbing the back of my neck. "Yes?" Aniya answered drinking her margarita. "Well... Remember how last night there was something important going on at the MC," I say looking anywhere but at her.

"Yes...did something bad happen," she asked her eyes widening a bit? "Yes... one of our rival clubs tried to break into our clubhouse, but the thing is out President has a plan to take down the rival club but we need a girl to go undercover at one of their strip clubs," I say cautiously waiting for her to explode. "So you want me to help you out...?" she says raising her eyebrow. "It's just that they found out I knew a stripper a-and they needed one for the plan," I say quickly breaking into a cold sweat. She looks at me emotionlessly before letting a small smile surface. "I understand they're your family you just want to help," she said putting her hand on mine.

"I'll help but on one condition," she says stroking my hand. "That is...?" I ask cautiously waiting for the worst. "You take me out on a second date," she says with a smile. I smile at her before agreeing. I pay for our dinner and we start to head to the car. As soon as we're about to get to the car shots wring out...

Aniya's POV

Before I know it shots wring out in the parking lot, Drake pulls out a gun, and I'm on the ground with searing pain in my abdomen. "ANIYA," Drake yells trying to put pressure on my wound. "Come on baby girl don't close those pretty eyes on me," he says picking me up. "I-I'll be fine I'm just t-tired," I say feeling my eyelids getting heavy. "You need to stay awake we're almost to help," He says speeding down the road while dialing someone's number. "I-it hurts," I say letting my tears finally fall. "It's ok pretty girl just think about Kai and how he tries to lecture me like an overprotective dad," Drake says which makes me giggle.

Before I know it I'm out like a light...

3rd Person POV

Halfway to the Black Rebel Clubhouse Aniya passed out due to pain and stress. Drake was barely holding on by a thread after seeing his girl get shot. "Come on Come on answer" Drake repeats with the hope that his club brother will answer the phone. "Hello," Says Hacker on the other end, "Hacker I need you to get the infirmary ready, Aniya got shot while we were about to leave!" Drake says Frantically speeding down the road.

"She got what is she ok, what happened?" Hacker asked frantically getting up to alert his Old Lady, the club's doctor, Alana, about the incident. "Yes she got shot I'm sure it's the Dark Souls, she passed out and we're almost to the Compound," Drake says with hatred in his voice mentioning the Darke Souls. "Alana is getting ready she needs to know if the bullet has an exit wound," Hacker says rushing to the infirmary. "No, there isn't an exit wound, and I pulling into the compound right now," Drake says parking the car and quickly getting out to get Aniya.

Drake's POV

I quickly rush to Aniya's Side of the car and pick her up. "It's ok baby girl, your gonna be ok," I mumble inter her hair as I carry her inside. As I reach the porch the door swings open to reveal my club brothers waiting to see what's going on. Soon after entering Alana some over with a gurney and says "Put her on the gurney I need to get this bullet out of her and see if he has any more internal injuries." Alana and Hacker wheel her into the infirmary while I'm left with my thoughts.

I can't believe I let that happen to her it should've been me she shouldn't have gotten hurt. What am I gonna tell her son, 'Sorry Buddy I let your mom get shot but luckily I didn't touch her without her consent' Yeah I'm defiantly not telling him that. "What the hell happened," Prez says coming out of the back room. "I- I don't know what minute we're laughing and having a good time next she on the floor bleeding out," I say sitting on one of the black leather couches. "Now I wish she would have run for the hills," Ace says taking a sip from his beer.

"This isn't the time to joking Ace she could have died and she has Son to live for," Emma says coming from her room upstairs. "Sorry sorry but I'm not wrong if she got mad and stormed out she probably wouldn't have gotten shot," Ace says. "She would have gotten shot regardless, Reaper cares about her," Emma says sitting in Prez's lap. "She right," Prez says kissing Emma on the cheek.

"I managed to get the bullet out, I gave her a sedative so she will be out for a while," Alana says coming out of the infirmary. I let out a sigh of relief knowing my girl is gonna be fine but then I think back to little Kai, Aniya was supposed to get him after our date. "I have to go get her son, she was supposed to get him after our date," I say standing up and grabbing my keys. "Don't forget the snacks for the kid 'dad,'" Ace says while everyone laughs at his joke. I just glare at them before getting into my truck...