Chapter 16: Weave?

Aniya's POV

After last night I worked up a sweat. Not to mention all the constant practicing the girls and I had before that. I need to take this weave out, my hair needs to breathe. But as much as I love Drake I don't think he knows this ain't my natural hair, so today I decided to teach him a lesson. On how to remove a weave. "Drake, where are you?" I yell for drake as I skip downstairs. 

"I'm in here babe," Drake says from the bar area. I continue my cheerful skip towards him. "What's got you so happy?" he asks pulling me into his lap. "I'm gonna teach you a very important lesson, that will be very helpful if you continue to date me," I say patting his head with making him glare at me. "What would that be?" he asks caressing my waist. "I'm gonna show you how to remove a weave," I say with a fake surprised face. "Weave?" he asks with a confused look on his face. 

"A weave my friend is pretty much fake hair sewn into real hair to increase the... length," Ace says walking into the bar. "Wow even Ace has more knowledge than you," I say with a smirk. "I don't know much...I've dated a woman of color before and she made me learn everything," Ace says with a chuckle. I laugh historically at his emphasis on 'Everything'. "So back to this weave thing define Taking out," Drake says putting the 'taking out' in the quotation. "I have to take my weave out today and this could be a learning experience for you," I say dragging him to our bedroom. 

"Ok so how do I do this?" He asks as I hand him the scissors. "All you have to do is take your finger, find the thread, then cut it," I say turning around so my back faces him...

Drake's POV

I have no clue what I'm doing! I tried looking for the thread but I can't find it. I didn't even know ANiya's hair was fake, let alone sewn into her head. I finally found the dang thread and cut it. As soon as I cut the thread, part of her hair fell out... I'm not gonna lie I just got the chills. What if I cut her actual hair by accident! Or worse I cut her. This is why I could never be a hairstylist. "Did I do anything wrong?" I ask as I check her head. "No babe now cut the rest of the tracks out," she says giving me an encouraging smile. I soon finish cutting out, what she called hair tracks. By the time I was done I could see that her real hair was braided under all the weave I had just cut out. Well, that makes a lot of sense now. 

"Ok good job now all you have to do is lose out the braids and your job is done," Aniya says smiling at my success. I give her a nervous smile before unraided her hair. The more I unbraided the puffier her hair came out. I soon finished and Aniya's head was covered by a thick afro.

How does all that even fit in those braids! I have so many questions but I'm just glad I was able to help my woman