- 4 -

- Hope's POV -
__________________________________
"I don't know if I should say Henry is rude. He sounded nice for the first part of this chapter and rude towards the end. I think I'll wait a few chapter to judge his personality. I like how you don't go all in with the characters."

NaijaBae
__________________________________

"Madam, your change no complete." The way my blood was boiling, I could carry stone and throw it at this bike man.

"No be from Kenny's store to my house?!" I snapped at the hideous bike man whose face was hidden with his full helmet. "All this Okada men. Because yahoo boys don dey climb una bike anyhow dey give una big money you think say you fit open mouth waaah, call out price. Oga take your seventy naira joor!"

"Madam I no cheat you," Said the bike man. "Na the price be that. Your money na hundred naira."

"Because say na today I come Lagos." I threw the fifty and twenty naira note at the bike man, then turned to leave. He mumbled some words in Yoruba, but that was his business. He should come and fight me.

Getting to the compound, the first person I unfortunately laid my eyes upon was ancient of days. She was chatting with Sandra, another aproko in the compound. I just couldn't wait for God to bless me so I'd relocate. I walked passed Mary and Sandra and the next thing I knew, they began gossiping about me.

Finally getting to my room, I opened and closed the door angrily behind me. Christy whom was smiling brightly, deemed when she saw my current state.
"What's wrong?" She questioned, as I pulled off my sandals.

"Abeg, take your iPhone!" I flung her phone on the bed, close to where she laid. "See eh, I don't want to see you talk about Henry again. I don't want you to show me his pictures on your phone unless I will delete it. Heartthrob my ass. Ugly gorilla."

I kept ranting, then held my weave on angrily. "Imagine that stupid boy o. I saw him at Kenny's—"

"You saw Henry?!" I rolled my eyes. God, bring back Michael Jackson and take my roommate. "You saw the Henry Williams? My future husband?!"

"Future husband kill you there," I gave Christy the waka sign. "That rude proud somebody. Saw him today and ask if he could take a picture with me because my roommate is a huge fan. I even flaunt your phone so he won't look down on me. The mumu said he wasn't in the mood."

"Aha," Christy stood on the bed. She had on an orange crop top and white crazy Jean shorts. "He's a star, he must have been tired."

"Star ko, moon ni. Will you stop defending him jare?!" I sat on the bed so I could operate on my phone which was currently charging. "All those celebrities, it's thunder that will fire them. We waste money to watch their movies in cinema and buy them online. It's our money they are feeding off o. Even the brand he's modelling for, we usually rush it. That's why it's always sold out in minutes. Yet, ordinary picture they cannot."

"You won't blame him na," Christy tried so hard not to let me think ill of her crush. "Well, I've got good news for you."

"Look Christy," I said slowly. "The only good news I can receive right now is if someone wire hundred Kay inside my account."

Christy reach for her laptop and placed it at my lap. "Well if you don't get ready, this hundred Kay won't get to you."

My eyes skimmed through her laptop screen then it grew once I saw the word shortlisted written in green colour. "I passed the exam?" To be honest, I never knew I would. Christy wasn't that smart to give me a pass. "I passed the exam!"