- 35 -

- Henry's POV -

__________________________________

Happy birthday pweety_1 here's the birthday gift I promised 🎈🎈
__________________________________

I shouldn't have left Hope alone and now, I felt so restless. It was already night time and there still wasn't any sign from Hope. No calls, no text, nothing!

After our conversation on the phone, I had gotten ready to drive over to Baby's place, so I could help gather her things. Once I was done, I waited for Hope. Hours after hours, Hope never showed up.

I felt my phone vibrate. Looking at the caller, I noticed it was Jackson. I was still outside Hope's compound, waiting in the dark and hoping she'd show up. I couldn't go to the station knowing how they'd advise me to wait for twenty-four hours before filing up a missing report.

I chose not to pick the call cause I could see Jackson and Baby from inside my car, getting out of his. He noticed my car even in the dark and walked up to me. I came out of mine to meet Jackson and all he did was shook his head. We all had been looking for Hope everywhere and Baby suggested I go back to the compound just in case she shows up.

"What's going on?" I turned to see Christy approaching us with a confused look. Judging by her outfit, I could tell she was coming from a program or some sort.

Baby quickly left Jackson's side and moved to Christy while holding her right elbow in a really tight grip. "Where have you been?"

"Church," She announced, waving her Bible at Baby's face. "Why? Did anybody die?"

Anybody die? I really didn't want to think about those words. Hope was safe, Hope was strong. I didn't want any negative thought in my head. Hope was okay, Hope could survive anything.

"Hope," I said, moving to stand beside Baby. "Hope's missing."

"Jesu!" Christy dropped her Bible and it landed on the dirty floor. "How? Why? When?"

"We are still looking for her," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

Christy moved towards me and swung her hands on my shoulder while crying against my chest. Baby gave her a look while I tried to gently push her but she had a massive strong hold.

"Report to the police," Her voice muffled against my chest.

"He can't," Jackson voiced out. "We've got to wait twenty-four hours."

"That's bull sh-"

"Enough!" Baby snapped, cutting Christy off. He didn't mind as he roughly pulled her away from me. "If you're looking for something to hug, there's the transformer poll at the junction. Stop ogling over Hope's boyfriend."

I felt the tension in the air and thanks to my phone buzzing, I had an excuse to step away from the fuse.

"Ola," I breathed. She and everyone else at home were aware that Hope was missing.

I had told Olamide and she told our parents. Dorcas found out through that method but I doubt she cared. To her, Hope being missing must have been the best news she'd heard all day. "Have you found her?"

"Not yet," I sighed then looked at Jackson trying to calm an angry Baby and a frustrated Christy.

"Where are you?" She asked, worried.

"Still at Hope's place," I responded. "Why?"

"Can you come over to sunlit cafe?" Olamide requested. I wanted to decline. I didn't want to leave this place until Hope was back, especially now that those three were distracted with the little argument. "It would only take a minute."

Olamide must have sensed my conflicted mind. I was hesitating but at the same time Olamide sounded urgent. She couldn't have requested for me if it wasn't important. Right? "Only for a few seconds."

I ended the call and moved towards Jackson, who looked so done with Baby and Christy. Now both weren't arguing but having glaring contest.

"Ola just called," I said to Jackson, while ignoring Baby and Christy. "I'll be back soon, keep me updated."

"Sure," Jackson patted my shoulder. I stared at the two kids one last time, then moved to my car.

_________________

It didn't take long to get to sunlit cafe. I got down from my car and took long stride into the cozy cafe. Once I stepped in, I looked around in search of Olamide. I finally found her but the person beside her made me frown.

I moved over to Olamide and sat across her, then moved my attention to the person sitting beside her. "What's she doing here?"

"I'm your elder sister Henry, it wouldn't kill you to speak nicely to me." Dorcas equally frowned.

I scoffed at her words. She wanted to pull the big sis card on me? "You hated Hope and I together and all you've ever wanted was to make her disappear from my life. How sure am I that you have no hands in her disappearance."

"Because she's not that cruel," Olamide came to her defense but I wasn't hearing any of it. "Look, I called you here because Dorcas got connections with the commissioner and now they've started investigation.

"What sort of connections?" I became skeptical, staring at Dorcas.

Dorcas became still on her chair with her lips pressed tightly against each other. Olamide nudged her to speak but all Dorcas did was glare at her. "Tell him or I will. I don't get why you're even hiding it."

"Tell me what?" I looked at both my sisters, completely lost in the dark. Did Dorcas know what something that I didn't?

Olamide rolled her eyes at Dorcas, then clapped both hands before turning to me with a wide smile. "Well little bro, we both thought Dorcas was going to die as a single and lonely old woman but turns out she's actually seeing the youngest commissioner of the state."

My eyes landed on Dorcas as I lifted a brow. Dorcas fought not to meet my gaze as she looked down on the table with a glass of water on both hands. "Look, I know I hate seeing Hope and you together but that's because I still think she's not good for you. Though my thought is still the same, I'd never do anything to hurt her. You love her."

"So...." I trailed, trying to understand things. "Your boyfriend is going to help us find her?"

Dorcas nodded, finally meeting my gaze. "He just needs his men to interrogate two persons."

"Who?" I asked leaning forward. Since this boyfriend of hers wanted an interrogation scheduled, it meant he knew some background info.

"Christy and Yemi."

__________________________________

Okay that's it for today.

Turn in your votes in the inline comment. Who do you think is guilty?

Christy?

Yemi?

Both?

Now that's that, don't forget to...

Vote 🌟

Comment 💭💬

Share 👫

__________________________________

Word count : 1140

X
-Eddy