- 32 -

__________________________________
Republishing this chapter because a huge part of this chapter was missing. My fault actually. So sorry.

The word count as changed from 1883 to 2400 after I added those parts.

Sorry for not updating for I think two weeks ❤
__________________________________

Jackson and I were seated in the living room, watching TV. Well he was watching while I was staring at my phone. It'd been weeks and I haven't heard anything from Hope. She hadn't even posted anything from her social handle. The only thing that got me going was Baby's words, reassuring me everytime that she was alright.

I wanted to see Hope, it was killing me that I just couldn't see her in person. Looking at her pictures was all I could do, until a message suddenly appeared on my screen.

Mum :

Family dinner by noon tomorrow. Cancel all schedule cause attendance is compulsory.
-4:26pm

I let out a groan forcing Jackson to stare at me. "Who's giving you blow job?"

"You're sick," I sighed, looking at my phone but Jackson just laughed it off. "My mum."

"Your mum is giving you a blow job?" He let out a fake gasp while I threw a pillow at him. "Okay, okay, what's the matter?"

"Now that Olamide's back, mother thought it best to host a family dinner-"

"Olamide's back!" Of course, I'd spilled the tea. I knew Jackson would react like this to his long term crush.

"She isn't just back, she's also pregnant." I let that sink into Jackson's brain.

Jackson leaned back on the couch with a visible smile. "I'm going to be a uncle."

I wasn't surprised with Jackson's two seconds grief. "Why are you acting this way? So they won't ask you about your girlfriend? Just take Yemi with you."

"Is this national annoy Henry's day?" I scowled and Jackson laughed. "I honestly think mother probably thinks I'm dating Yemi. Bringing her with me would mean sealing the deal."

"Sad to be you right now," Jackson commented. "The one you love doesn't want to see you and the one that loves you, you don't want to see."

I only remained quiet as his words brought Hope back into my head.

_________________

I stared at the building right in front of me. A building that could be classified as a homey mansion. A building I was trying to avoid for months now. I swirled the car keys around my index finger as I made my way into the house. I hadn't been home for three months now. I would've been here more often if only my parents especially my mum, weren't head over heels to meet my girlfriend. I knew once they set their eyes on my girlfriend, the rest would be marriage plans and preparations. Marrying Yemi was a big no for me and I didn't want to start what I couldn't finish.

I moved over to the living room to be greeted by several house keepers. I made it so to have several help at ones feet whenever someone arrive at the Williams resident, so my parents won't be stressed.

"Henry!" Olamide's chirped, forcing Dorcas to gaze at me. Mum and Dad weren't downstairs yet.

"Henry," Dorcas matched towards me and I could see how frustrated she was. "Yemi came crying to me the other day saying you treated her unfairly."

"Sis," Olamide stood and pushed Dorcas slightly, so she could stand beside me. "Not now."

"Stay out of this, Ola." Dorcas said firmly and glared at me. "The movie premiere is coming soon. Your movie isn't out yet and you want to start causing controversies? This isn't the time to start acting spoilt, Henry."